General Cinq Abarth Project 1.4 16v

Currently reading:
General Cinq Abarth Project 1.4 16v

Like many items on the car, it was what became available at the right time, the seats & belts were not first choice, but were cheap from Jamie.

As funds become available the seats will no doubt change, to what not sure, but has to be about how they hold you first and foremost, plus be nice and narrow to fit in the tight cento interior, these ones are a little wider, which although very comfortable, maybe not best for track work, though I do like things to look nice :)

Last edited:
Not been on forum much recently. Updates, we purchased our own wheel alignment equipment so have been playing around with tracking with ride height adjustment, not done a full bump steer check but initial impressions are the car naturally toes in the lower you go meaning under braking the car us stable.

So car is down to 300mm from wheel centre to arch lip at front & about 308mm rear iirc which gives 90mm exhaust downpipe clearance to the road so careful of speedbumps.

The reverse inhibitor is simple it's a hinged section that stops gearstick moving to the right which with the 6speed box is where reverse is on it's own. So 1-2 over to left. 3-4 in the centre, 5-6 to the right lift hinged section to get further right & therefore reverse.

To lower steering simply used longer bolts and spacers but cut small section of metal to brace the box type section of steering column as it flexes lots.

Well I was lucky enough to have a go in this the other day and all I can say is wow..

Never driven a Cento before with so much grip all round and ability to pull out of corners so hard!

My favourite bit is the gearchange though, it doesn't feel like any other road car i've ever driven and even feels better than a Civic type-r which I think is pretty high praise! :worship:
Such a simple but equally clever mod that every fast cento needs ;)

Congrats to team Lloyd on another great build ;)

Now get to some tracks :yum:

We sold the Sei 16V at end of last year. Sold very quickly to 1st viewer, I think it was sold in about a week, which close to Christmas we didn't expect. Sold for what we asked for.

Recently sold our FTO GPvR, again sold very quickly, took about 2 weeks all in which we were pleased at as only advertised for free on owners club & Pistonheads & actually sold through owners club which surprised us as most folk join a club after buying a car, not before. Again sold for what we asked which given it was one of the most, if not the most expensive FTO's for sale was very pleasing.

We have bought a facelift late model Honda Civic Type-R EP3 Premier Edition in Cosmic Grey metallic, which for those not up on there EP3's means it has red JDM carpet, MOMO steering wheel, Type-R embossed front brake callipers, privacy glass and most importantly Recaro Trendline front seats, same as my Clio Trophy.

Still have the Cinq which recently had a new windscreen fitted as the original was cracked, though after fitting realised it has a very noticeable green tint, sure original was clear.

We also changed cylinder head to ported item that doesn't have the split inlets, with a port matched alloy inlet manifold from a Punto Sporting. Initial impressions are it spins much freer, and enjoys higher rpm's.

But, it may not get used for a while as we are expecting our first child, a girl, on 25th June, hence the family car EP3 arriving!

Last edited:
Sure he wont mind me posting this :rolleyes: lol

Attachments

• 220614_10150165588681986_579106985_7144465_6733944_o.jpg
    220614_10150165588681986_579106985_7144465_6733944_o.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
Back