Calling all engineers

Currently reading:
Calling all engineers

How far into your degree are you Paul? I did chem and physics up to AS then decided I'd rather go to art college than do something that may involve logic and facts, then I met a load of people who did engineering and they made it sound great. Had to speak to some people from the Salters board the other day, I don't think the school had told them I'd dropped their subjects :-/

Just a first year, only one above you. Only been doing it for 3-4 weeks lol. I guess you shouldn't trust my opinion because of that. It's not too late you know....

Who did you speak to from Salters? My school was one of the pilots for both the physics (salters-horners) and chemistry (salters) - my head of sixth and chem teacher (amazing man, Oxford grad, genuinely nice person/teacher) won their "teacher of the year" award a few years back and also wrote some parts of the ideas book (if you look, my school is there and his name under the assoc. editors section, although I shouldn't give out such details on a public forum). --> I hope this all makes sense to you, otherwise I will sound very odd. Salters is great, I did a "chemistry camp" with them at GCSE at St. Andrews Uni, one of the best weeks I have ever done.

Whatver you do do at University/art college, make sure it's what you want to do, it's a good few years of your life. Blah blah blah I am sure you have heard it 1000 times before.

It was people who come over because our physics teacher was nominated for the teacher of the year award and she's got through a few rounds. I think I will stick to my art though if results are anything to go on (got B in chem and D :( in physics oops) But one of my mates still does the courses so i get to hear bout all the stuff they're learning. :D

Well year 13 involves a lot of better stuff in physics, with salter horners, with chem it's a different level of thinking, especially the personal practical! All the stuff (well, most) is on my website if you're bored: http://www.pharrison.co.uk/ (it's not perfect by any stretch).

Our teacher got taken into the Salters Building and into their wine seller and he was given a hugely expensive bottle of wine lol.

Well, i had a total idiot of a friend, really dumb, didn't work much, turned a D into an A in physics, though he got a U in chemistry and didn't carry on with that....They made your chemistry easier actually by taking out parts of the last module (minerals to medicine i think? Feels like such a long time ago lol!)

Sorry, you can't be enjoying all this school talk, i miss school and am reminissing.

Back