Button is world champion!

Currently reading:
Button is world champion!

Yeah thats my point, they pretty much all have the same chances of retiring, but on the occasions jenson had a bad drive, something pretty much always happened to his rivals. Luck played into his hands on a few occasions. and i think everyone will agree, he was lucky the brawn car was so much better than the rest at the start of the season, because now other teams have caught up he hasn't been dominant at all.[/QUOTE]

Same almost every season TBH... Ferrari & McLaren are examples, and the emergence of Red Bull / Brawn to replace them... rule changes have played a major part in this rather than poor driving.

Yeah thats my point, they pretty much all have the same chances of retiring, but on the occasions jenson had a bad drive, something pretty much always happened to his rivals. Luck played into his hands on a few occasions. and i think everyone will agree, he was lucky the brawn car was so much better than the rest at the start of the season, because now other teams have caught up he hasn't been dominant at all.

So because other teams have caught up that makes him lucky? Winning 6 out of the first 7 races isnt done by luck.

Sorry but your chatting ********. Red bull were basically with them from the start.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/results/default.stm Look at that and it proves it. Button out qualified and out drove them. Yes he may of gone through a dodgy patch but he still consistantly got points and that is what winning a championship is about. Luck had a small part to play but you cannot get away from the fact he has been the best driver over the whole of the season which is proved by the points he has obtained.

Sorry but your chatting ********. Red bull were basically with them from the start.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/results/default.stm Look at that and it proves it. Button out qualified and out drove them. Yes he may of gone through a dodgy patch but he still consistantly got points and that is what winning a championship is about. Luck had a small part to play but you cannot get away from the fact he has been the best driver over the whole of the season which is proved by the points he has obtained.

And it proves that out of the last 9 races he got on the podium once!? apart from china, red bull didn't get it together until turkey

:bang: Cannot get it into your head can you. Yes i have said he had a crap 2nd half of the season i am not denying that. Its purely the first 2 races that Red bull werent on the pace. China 1st, Bahrain 2nd, Spain 3rd, Monaco not brilliant, Turkey 3rd, England 1st. I could go on. On that you cannot say Red Bull only came into it the 2nd half of the season. They were there from the off. Jenson won more races than everyone else, when he didnt win he has finished in the points in every race bar one. Now please do go on and tell me how that doesnt make him a worthy champion? His Rivals have had an ample amount of chances to gain points on him when he hasnt been at the front but have they taken those chances? In the majority no they havent.

I cba to say any more on it as tbh you have no substance to say he isnt a worthy champion because all you have to do is look at race wins and points gained. Button has won the most races, Vettel didnt get close to the amount of races button had won despite them having a more competitive car for the 2nd half of the season and it also could be argued for the 1st half of the season aswell. Button out drove them all to start with and that is all that counts.

Last edited:
:bang: Cannot get it into your head can you. Yes i have said he had a crap 2nd half of the season i am not denying that. Its purely the first 2 races that Red bull werent on the pace. China 1st, Bahrain 2nd, Spain 3rd, Monaco not brilliant, Turkey 3rd, England 1st. I could go on. On that you cannot say Red Bull only came into it the 2nd half of the season. They were there from the off. Jenson won more races than everyone else, when he didnt win he has finished in the points in every race bar one. Now please do go on and tell me how that doesnt make him a worthy champion? His Rivals have had an ample amount of chances to gain points on him when he hasnt been at the front but have they taken those chances? In the majority no they havent.

I cba to say any more on it as tbh you have no substance to say he isnt a worthy champion because all you have to do is look at race wins and points gained. Button has won the most races, Vettel didnt get close to the amount of races button had won despite them having a more competitive car for the 2nd half of the season and it also could be argued for the 1st half of the season aswell. Button out drove them all to start with and that is all that counts.

Yes i can get it into my head matt, its called a difference of opinion! you think he tailed off, i think others caught up.

Back in the mists of time Keke Rosberg won a championship and won only 1 race.
In 1986 (I think) Alain Prost drove the percentages and maximised each race as best he could. Consistency won him the championship whilst Mansell and Piquet took points off each other in the superior Williams car.
Winning a championship is about scoring the most points, and maximising the potential each race. Of course you also need a reliable car!

Back