Button is world champion!

Currently reading:
Button is world champion!

Yep and Alonso in a Ferrari (y)

Even more reason to hate Ferrari now :LOL:...really cant seem them getting on.

Were a forgiving lot really!

Now to change the topic....

How about Kimi in that fireball, i nearly **** my trousers for him!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Same lol

Pleased that Button has won, although part of me wanted it to go to the final race...and was still wanting Vettel to have a chance (Him, Hamilton, Button and Webber are my favorite drivers) to win the title.

Well done to him (y)

I wouldnt say he is a great, but he is a WDC now, so respect must be given, its been earnt.

why has everyone got this hate for hamilton :eek: he's british ffs

Thats part of the reason :devil:
That said however, I believe he will end up being a great,

And well done to Webber, another great win for him, one cam only hope that Red bull's form continues next year.

Oh, and i heard that Button said gs win was 'unique,' does anyone know how he meant it?

Last edited:
Yeah he is a great driver, probably among the best ever... but when he tailed off he had a fair bit of luck when his main rivals either had engine trouble or got in accidents when they could have overtaken him points wise. He had a fantastic drive today, probably his best yet, but if rubens hadn't got that puncture it wouldn't have been all over today. thats what i mean by LUCK

Yes it would, button would of still had a lead that couldnt of been caught. Any driver has an element of luck but button had exactly the same chances of being in accidents or having engine trouble as his competitors.

Pressume the first bit is about Hamilton? If so, he lost his first season by 1 point, won his second season, had a terrible car for his third but still won a couple of races, Massa has done nothing.

Thats because all Massa says is 'for sure'

So Massa finishing 1 point behind hamilton last year after a bmw suspectly slowed down on the 2nd to last corner on the last lap of the last race of the season to let Hamilton into the position he needed to just beat Massa is Massa doing nothing? Jog on.

So Massa finishing 1 point behind hamilton last year after a bmw suspectly slowed down on the 2nd to last corner on the last lap of the last race of the season to let Hamilton into the position he needed to just beat Massa is Massa doing nothing? Jog on.
I think you mean Timo Glock in a Toyota, who didn't slow down. He ran out of grip because he gambled on staying out on slicks in the rain because he had nowt to lose! It almost worked for him but the rain just got too heavy.
If you saw his sector times after the rsace you would see where he lost it.

Yup thats probably who i mean and i was only having a little play about, i dont actually believe he let him past intentionally i just think its unfair to say massa has done nothing ;)

Last edited:
I felt sorry for Webber... no bug*er there when he came out as race winner everyone was round the corner praising Jenson up lol!

Deserved though to be fair... anyone who wins an F1 championship has proved over the season he is consistently better, safer and faster than the others.

Great result for Ross Brawn... maiden debut Team win, Wold Drivers Champion and Constructors Champions too from the ashes of the old Honda Team...

Who was it said Honda engines were the best now...?

And I am sure that if you had a choice between W.Yorks and Monaco you would choose....W.Yorks? !

Damn right i would!

Bringing the trophy home to British soil, celebrate with family and friends in my home area where i live

I certainly wouldnt let the frogs/monaco people assist me in my victory celebration

And pay almost half your winnings in tax? Live in Monaco, you pay no income tax. Its sensible, I would do the same tbh.

oh i know why he is out there, same with Hamilton, however IMO they loose some of their 'britishness' by buggering off to foreign pastures and return to your own country every now and again

I think he [Jenson] is a great driver, remember this is the only time he's been in a competitive car.
He finished third in the championship, behind the dominant Ferraris. He scored more points than them in the last few races of the season though, but it was too late to catch up by then. He got his first pole position at Imola that year too.

He finished third in the championship, behind the dominant Ferraris. He scored more points than them in the last few races of the season though, but it was too late to catch up by then. He got his first pole position at Imola that year too.
Then it all went wrong the years after when Honda thought they knew how to run a team and design a car and got rid of Mile Gascoyne (if I remember rightly). It was all down hill from then, culminating in the god-awful "earth car" that had no sponsors, just a bilious paint job!

Yes it would, button would of still had a lead that couldnt of been caught. Any driver has an element of luck but button had exactly the same chances of being in accidents or having engine trouble as his competitors.

Yeah thats my point, they pretty much all have the same chances of retiring, but on the occasions jenson had a bad drive, something pretty much always happened to his rivals. Luck played into his hands on a few occasions. and i think everyone will agree, he was lucky the brawn car was so much better than the rest at the start of the season, because now other teams have caught up he hasn't been dominant at all.

Back