Bunged up nose, daily occurrence

Currently reading:
Bunged up nose, daily occurrence

Ok just looking for some general health advice on this one :(

Basically i've been suffering over the last few months with a on/off blocked/runny nose :( (as i work in a call centre this is really getting on my nerves now especially) started back november time, back then some decongestant tablets did the trick, but now i think i've gotten used to them and they dont work (n) so went to doctor who perscribed me amoxicillin (mainly for helz that bit :p) which helped first few days but then nothing :cry: now thats run its course and im still here suffering, been trying vicks vaporub stuff too but to no luck, GP says just cold weather etc (n) so dont know what i can try :( :( oh and its only really first thing and last thing sometimes... when i get up can be sometimes, then ok on drive to work and in fresh air but then when get to my desk get all bunged up etc :( then by about 11am all sorted, then home for 6.00 and by time i get to bed (bout 12/1 most nights) im all bunged up alot of the time too :cry:

really dont know where to turn for this so thought i'd open the floor :D

GhostWKD said:

Basically i've been suffering over the last few months with a on/off blocked/runny nose :( (as i work in a call centre this is really getting on my nerves now especially) started back november time, back then some decongestant tablets did the trick, but now i think i've gotten used to them and they dont work (n) so went to doctor who perscribed me amoxicillin (mainly for helz that bit :p) which helped first few days but then nothing :cry: now thats run its course and im still here suffering, been trying vicks vaporub stuff too but to no luck, GP says just cold weather etc (n) so dont know what i can try :( :( oh and its only really first thing and last thing sometimes... when i get up can be sometimes, then ok on drive to work and in fresh air but then when get to my desk get all bunged up etc :( then by about 11am all sorted, then home for 6.00 and by time i get to bed (bout 12/1 most nights) im all bunged up alot of the time too :cry:

Have you got air conditioning in the office? could be that if you have :)

GhostWKD said:

ah hun:hug: maybe ur allergic to work!!!, i mean is there something at ur office thats changed that ur allegic 2!!!!

how bout multi vitamins or echinacea? mayb worth going 2 somewhere like holland & barrett and asking 4 advice, mayb u just perking up;)

Alexx are you getting pain with this under the eyes and at the top/bridge of your nose ?

PNL said:
Alexx are you getting pain with this under the eyes and at the top/bridge of your nose ?

Are you suggesting sinus trouble Phill?

if i pick it it runs :yuck: pmsl dave you do disgust me sometimes :nerner: :p

thinking about it, i was just as bad around this time in my old job (n) then when got to summery months was fine :(

this has been going on for 3 or so months now and really getting on my nerves :( did start off iirc though with a cold, my room is a tip so am slowly tidying that as it may be dust or something? as i was really bad when first got cat too so may just be cat dust stockpiling ( :yuck: again lol) when sniffling as such i do sometimes get pain around there PNL yeah :( but usually i dont, only the odd occasion :(

sudafed 1 of the type of pills which helped for bit but then body got used to my tactic :(

got olbas oil too which is only a short term solution again :( plus just makes it run more rather than block (this is a bit of a :yuck: topic isnt it? :( :eek: ) instead of getting rid long term :(

Aye, get a blood test done Alex. Also, you could try antihistamines.

Luke1985 said:
Pet allergy? I always have a slight runny nose becuase im allergic to cats and have to live with them... Also midly allergic to dust mites which doesnt help :(

thats what im maybe thinking, got a cat which i was allergic to when first got it, and mum mentioned something about dust mite alergy too, but im on the case tidying room as we speak :p (expect 100's of cinq items for sale on ebay soon :p)

chaos said:
Are you suggesting sinus trouble Phill?

Yes looks very much like it (n) I get it very bad unfortunatly most GPs will just fob you off with meds but what alex needs is to ask for an appointment at his local ENT then they will tell him what can be done at its worst they can operate and drain the sinuses its not pleasant but will sort it out :(

just had a text from angel to say she has a bunged up nose 2:( think she has come out in sympathy, so 2 u from her:hug:

and from me 2:hug:

edit:- nother text to say its itchy!!! her nose that is lol

I have been like this for quite awhile, not taking anything for it other than a couple of para's if feeling really down,it has been put down to my general medical condition which is taking its time to shrug it of, so may be your just feeling a bit under the weather and the cold is hanging around a bit longer than normal. Get yourself a box of paracetimols and away you go (y)

Steve

Oh other main thing i forgot to mention is if i go out in the cold well "fresh" lol air, 9/10 times it'll go away then reappear when i go inside (n) would put it down to aircon but it affects me at home too, but then it doesnt really kick off at work, just stays for bit then goes, so may be as luke says to do with allergies

its not putting me down as such, well it is a bit :( but tis along with other things not just that lol :p but its more that i dont feel i can do my job if im putting off making/recieving calls because of it :( which when im on a payrise salary as of tomorrow makes me feel even worse tbh as i dont feel im giving the company its moneys worth

GhostWKD said:
Oh other main thing i forgot to mention is if i go out in the cold well "fresh" lol air, 9/10 times it'll go away then reappear when i go inside (n) would put it down to aircon but it affects me at home too, but then it doesnt really kick off at work, just stays for bit then goes, so may be as luke says to do with allergies

its not putting me down as such, well it is a bit :( but tis along with other things not just that lol :p but its more that i dont feel i can do my job if im putting off making/recieving calls because of it :( which when im on a payrise salary as of tomorrow makes me feel even worse tbh as i dont feel im giving the company its moneys worth

ah babe:(

mite be a dust allergy?, just talking to fiatangel and we have both agreed one us needs to come n look after u and as angel poorly 2 its down to me to come n r ur porly head and i will give u a head massage;)

only joking hun:D

Back