Bunged up nose, daily occurrence

Currently reading:
Bunged up nose, daily occurrence

GhostWKD said:
Dont drink much milk :p dont have brekkie in mornings or owt either :p

could be diet related as my diet is absolute pooh tbh (n) :(

Honestly Ghost the best advice I can give you is listen to your doctors take any medication they decide buut live your life the way you want to IMO all this don't do this and dont do this does not always work I have sat with 4 people I met in hospital one with precisely the same illness that I have and he died in sixmonths while the others did over a similar period of time while we were still in hospital and they followed to the letter what they was told,me being a stubbon patient did everything as if I was still healthy would not stay in bed all my instruments they effentually made to the battery type so I could keep on the move, my cancer specilist has commented that it is my attitude that is keeping me in remision,I have been in once more since my first remission but I am out and still chugging along.
Sorry for the essay but by the end of the thread you could have had anything where IMO it is just a cold due to you feeling a bit under the weather and it is hanging on. Just carryon as normal it will soon give up the fight just don't let it get you down.:slayer: :slayer:

Steve

Thanks steve :) feel alot better already truth be told, the blocked nose ness has just kicked off again but im halfway through sorting the floor in my room :rolleyes: so will eliminate that factor (of dust/mess etc) tomorrow :D and well the only way is up :D i'll try and ignore the fact im bunged up and carry on with my job as normal tomorrow... heck what does it matter what some company up in newcastle thinks of me, they should pay their phone bill and then wouldnt have to worry about me :slayer: :D

And so to bed, on "earlys" this week :( (8.30-5.00 lol) a good night to all, and to all a good night (y)

GhostWKD said:
Thanks steve :) feel alot better already truth be told, the blocked nose ness has just kicked off again but im halfway through sorting the floor in my room :rolleyes: so will eliminate that factor (of dust/mess etc) tomorrow :D and well the only way is up :D i'll try and ignore the fact im bunged up and carry on with my job as normal tomorrow... heck what does it matter what some company up in newcastle thinks of me, they should pay their phone bill and then wouldnt have to worry about me :slayer: :D

And so to bed, on "earlys" this week :( (8.30-5.00 lol) a good night to all, and to all a good night (y)

Night night alex and watch them dust mites dont bite (y)

alex mate... lay off the cocaine ;)

but on a serious note, as u said u felt like this last year, it is prob just a seasonal thing, like people with hayfever get it in the summer, u might be one of those people who get allergies in the winter...

u tried an ainthistimene? (sp) like a clarityn or sumthing?

could try taking somethin like that for a week or 2 and seeing if that helps! (y)

my mum put one of them plug in air freshners in my room without knowing, that made me bunged up for weeks - im not usually affected by anything but this stuff was sent by the devil :(

what if you snort constipation pills, will they let your nose flow :chin:

mase said:
PMSL!!! :D

if i tell u yes, can i watch u try that?

p.s: they would actually cut the inside of your nose to buggery, and it would bleed like there is no tomorrow (y)

so it a no then :(

i would try if it is for the good of mankind :D , but i have only just recovered from my last attempt at medical science :eek:

gaz_wrexham said:
so it a no then :(

i would try if it is for the good of mankind :D , but i have only just recovered from my last attempt at medical science :eek:

lol... thats a no.

even if u could grind it fine enough not to cut your nose to shreds, it would only have the same effect as if u took it normally, would prob work quicker tho, as the tissue inside your nose is really thin, so it would get absorbed into the blood quicker. :D

Sounds like an allergy to me, I had exactly the same thing for a long time and the doctor did an allergy test by scratching the skin on my arm in several places and then using a pipette dropped various liquids to see which caused a reaction.

The cat one caused my arm to swell up and I also had a slight reaction to house dust mite. They gave me Beconase spray to reduce the symptoms, but as long as I avoid cats it's not a problem.

I would be really surprised if you could cause these problems by stress.

poggy said:
Sounds like an allergy to me, I had exactly the same thing for a long time and the doctor did an allergy test by scratching the skin on my arm in several places and then using a pipette dropped various liquids to see which caused a reaction.

The cat one caused my arm to swell up and I also had a slight reaction to house dust mite. They gave me Beconase spray to reduce the symptoms, but as long as I avoid cats it's not a problem.

I would be really surprised if you could cause these problems by stress.

that beconase spray is good, used it when i was a kid, used to get hayfever like there was no tomorrow!

this doesnt sound like a stress problem, stress doesnt usually cause runny noses. headaches, sinus pain, muscle ache, insomnia, all the usual thing that stress causes (y)

poggy said:
I would be really surprised if you could cause these
problems by stress.

Not trying to imply the cold is caused by stress, but the recovery could be while people are under stress/uptight normal little problem hang around for ages adding thierselves to the list of worries/stresses etc. perpetuating the problem.

Steve

steve1219 said:
Not trying to imply the cold is caused by stress, but the recovery could be while people are under stress/uptight normal little problem hang around for ages adding thierselves to the list of worries/stresses etc. perpetuating the problem.

Steve

I can agree with that as i've noticed that when i get stressed i get a sore throat. Stress can show itself in many ways, especially if you dont even think you are stressed.

IMO best to go back to GP and talk things thru. :rolleyes:

fiatangel said:
I can agree with that as i've noticed that when i get stressed i get a sore throat. Stress can show itself in many ways, especially if you dont even think you are stressed.

IMO best to go back to GP and talk things thru. :rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

still can offer that massage tho hun:p ;)

only kidding :nerner:

maybe it is something to do with work, stilosporting been suffering same kinda thing and he works in a call centre too :confused:

he has a sudafed plug in thing, sudafed pills and a sudafed nasal spray.

his is generally first thing/last thing too. :chin:

yeah if you have a poor diet you are prone to catching anything and everything.

Saying that since i have started to eat more healthly i have been getting ill every few weeks with colds and sore tonsils.

But i blame where I work. I was hardly ill before i worked in an office (n)

I suffered from something similar some time ago. After various potions and remedies failed to do the trick i had an allergy reaction test which showed i was allergic to household dust mites. From what i was told, as most properties are now double glazed, central heated, have chimneys blocked up and gas fires installed the houses can't breath and the constant temperature was an ideal breeding ground for household dust mites. To resolve the situation, i slept with the bedroom window partially open, part opened windows during the day and reduced the heat settings on the central heating and wore warmer clothes to compensate. This eventually worked and i can now breathe freely and actually taste food.

sammiboo said:
But i blame where I work. I was hardly ill before i worked in an office (n)

Offices are definitely the most unhealthy places to work - I work in an office in a hospital and they are even worse :rolleyes:

Back