General Boot light

Currently reading:
General Boot light

Danoid

I randomly found out on here that it’s possible to fit a boot light.

Firstly from here I could see the new part number is 51878127, so I looked online and cheapest I could find was £22 then shipping which I still think is crazy money, I then rang my local dealer who said it’s £45!!!!! I laughed and said good bye

I then saw that it’s the same part numbers for other fiats/alfas, so I looked at my local scrappy and nothing just Fiat Doblo vans which use the same part (they don’t at all)

I then was leaving and saw a Fiat Punto (2016 ish maybe?) all on its own and thought hmm, looked at the glovebox and saw the light so got that and they said don’t bother paying so a quick merry Christmas and off I went

When I got home I saw the part number was completely different, then thought doh, but it fits perfectly.

So if anyone is in the same situation don’t discount puntos

Below is the p/n

Attachments

• 61BAA2F7-DD14-482E-BB5C-B85BAA5BF6B9.jpeg
    61BAA2F7-DD14-482E-BB5C-B85BAA5BF6B9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 144
  • 0BCAF0FA-A790-4740-919F-C5CC3F26C489.jpeg
    0BCAF0FA-A790-4740-919F-C5CC3F26C489.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
Yes last year I did this, when I looked into it I believe certain trim levels over the years got the boot light and others didn't but Fiat left the wiring tucked behind trim pieces. Just about to change the bulb to a canbus error free led in mine.

Yes last year I did this, when I looked into it I believe certain trim levels over the years got the boot light and others didn't but Fiat left the wiring tucked behind trim pieces. Just about to change the bulb to a canbus error free led in mine.
Yeah it’s weird, thankfully our 2009 pop doesn’t have canbus (I believe) I put in a random led bulb and no errors and goes out when the boot is closed which is good (did read on here some people’s didn’t)

Which type of bulb is in there? Festoon, like the cabin light?
It’s a wedge W5W 501 bulb, the LED bulb I put in isn’t wow look at all the light but it’s much better then the standard bulb. I’m sure I’d be able to get a much brighter bulb if I bought one, but my friend had some around and gave them to me

The half-dead glowworm in the corner was barely visible itself, let alone able to light the boot area! I fitted an LED strip-light above the boot which is very effective. It's easier on the 500C because of the fixed rear shelf.

Back