Technical Blue&Me Update File

Currently reading:
Technical Blue&Me Update File

agostino

Hi, Can anyone help me locate a file needed from "Blue&Me Update" site (which is no longer accessable) to download onto a memory stick to enable my Fiat Panda Trekking Twinnair Petrol Manual registered May 2014 be able to play mp3 Musick files from my USB Memory stick via the USB Port in the car?

I have exhausted all possibilities within my capabilities and am reaching out for anyone who knows the answer. I possibly, believe, the file MAY be accessable if someone has an old Operating System like windows 7 or 8 with a flash drive thingy programme, as the site has now been made unaccessable by Fiat because of battery issues.
I have managed to programme the Memory stick with the BMConfig.xml file, but cannot get access to the Update site to complete the process.
Thank you so much.

Blue and me cars where able to play MP3 files from memory stick since the day the system came out, it should not be dependant on any updates, what is the reason you can’t play mp3 files? Is there a fault with the USB socket on the car which is common? You could chase the update only to find this doesn’t fix anything or that the car is already up to date. I seem to think 2014 was around the time blue and me was being killed off and no updates were issued after this anyway so it’s likely yours is already on the highest version of software!? The age of the operating system should also not matter but I seem to recall it did need to at least be a windows PC as my Mac would not do updates on the B&M site.

Maybe @ben or @Farrah might be able to offer some advice, but I don’t believe the need for an update is causing you to not be able to play MP3 files from a memory stick, as this was literally what B&M was designed for

Blue and me cars where able to play MP3 files from memory stick since the day the system came out, it should not be dependant on any updates, what is the reason you can’t play mp3 files? Is there a fault with the USB socket on the car which is common? You could chase the update only to find this doesn’t fix anything or that the car is already up to date. I seem to think 2014 was around the time blue and me was being killed off and no updates were issued after this anyway so it’s likely yours is already on the highest version of software!? The age of the operating system should also not matter but I seem to recall it did need to at least be a windows PC as my Mac would not do updates on the B&M site.

Maybe @ben or @Farrah might be able to offer some advice, but I don’t believe the need for an update is causing you to not be able to play MP3 files from a memory stick, as this was literally what B&M was designed for
Hi, Thank you very much for responding to my plea. I am simply trying to follow the instructions (as att, from point 9) to prepare a USB Stick to be programmed to then take downloaded mp3 Music files to be played via the USB Port in the car. From what I understand (and from experience from doing exactly the same some time ago with another memory stick (which I have since lost, hence why I am attempting to do the same thing again) I need to go to the "Blue & Me Update Page" as instructed on: https://www.fiat-accessories.com/blue-and-me-update. But when I click on the link, I get this: http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx/index.aspx?brand=fga&lang=en#/support/download/ In my previous successful attempt, I was able to access this web site and manage a "hand shake" from the required file appropriate for my make and model of car, to enable my stick to be recognised by my car and readied to accept mp3 files when I downloaded them onto the stick. The USB socket works, I know, as when I initiated the points up to point 9, my car spoke back to me and confirmed, verbally, "download complete" so, I (believe) the next step is to insert my memory stick back into my computer, access "Blue & Me Update Page" and allow the site to enable my stick to be programmed to be recognised by my car when I download my music files onto it. But I may be wrong. I do know this is what I did and it worked before, but I cannot get access to "Blue & Me Update Page" so I am at a loss as to how to proceed......... I have messaged Farrah as I seem to remember, perhaps I read something on one of the threads which said to refer to someone who had a way to access the site from an old windows 7 computer with flash enabled who could download the file and pass it on as an attachmnet, but I am waiting for a reply.....

Attachments

• _Instructions_ENHighlighted.pdf
    150.3 KB · Views: 55
If you know which version of B&M you need, you can download it from:

There were the latest versions before the site was taken offline.
Hi Ben, Thanks for trying to help. I have seen this but I now believe it is NOT a Blue & Me Update I need, but a "handshake" between my Memory stick (now holding the BMConf.xml file from the car Blue&Me Version) and the web site: https://www.fiat-accessories.com/blue-and-me-update (as explained previously). I then need to input my car model details etc and then download onto the memory stick the designated file which will be pointed out. Then when I take that to my car, the memory stick will be recognised by the car and allow downloaded mp3 music files to be read, recognised and played. (I think).. I am waiting to hear from Farrah to see if any light can be shed on whether there is a contact who can provide the correct "handshake" file from the web site. I believe this person is still able to access the site because they still have an old Windows 7 or 8 OS with flash configured, which will access the site........I am waiting in hope........

Hi All, Good News, Success!! I have managed to configure the Memory Stick from the "English Language" Download recommended by Ben. Not quite sure how, but I have just downloaded a playlist onto the stick from my laptop Media Player and it works!!!

Thank you all for your kind contributions in helping me sort this out. Best wishes and I am sure I will be posting more subjects I have had lingering in the back of my mind for a considerable time in enhancing my Panda's performance......

insert my memory stick back into my computer, access "Blue & Me Update Page" and allow the site to enable my stick to be programmed to be recognised by my car when I download my music files onto it. But I may be wrong. I do know this is what I did and it worked before, but I cannot get access to "Blue & Me Update Page" so I am at a loss as to how to proceed.........

The blue and me update page was for updating the car's computer to the latest version of blue and me. If you have a 2014 car and you have done this in the past I dare say it is highly likely your car already has the most up to date version of Blue and Me.

The Memory stick you use I believe has to be on a FAT32 file system for the car to recognize it. I am certain the Blue and Me manual will tell you how to prepare the memory stick for use in the car and running it through the now defunct B&M website is not required. More likely when you did this in the past the initial set up on the site for the memory stick, formats the memory stick in the correct file system or tells you to do so.

Look at the Manuals for B&M and this will tell you how to format and arange the file son the stick for it to work. I seem to recall it is something like a folder with the album name and then the files organised in each folder. Also there is a limit on the size of the memory stick that B&M will recognise so if you're using some modern 256Gb or bigger USB stick that is going to be way to big. I would search out and old 4gb stick if you have one and format it as Fat32 and see if that is then picked up.
I have messaged Farrah as I seem to remember, perhaps I read something on one of the threads which said to refer to someone who had a way to access the site from an old windows 7 computer with flash enabled who could download the file and pass it on as an attachmnet, but I am waiting for a reply.....
So there was a while when the Blue and Me website stopped working because Adobe Killed the old Flash Player that the website was based on (maybe around the beginning of 2020 Flash stopped working?

After this people were using dodgy web browsers and old version that still supported Flash but this will not work anymore the Site has now gone completely, it is not there anymore. No old browsers or old laptops or anything else can get the site to work anymore.

Hi Andy, many thanks for persevering with me. As I stated, I have managed to prepare my memory stick to accept mp3 music files that can be played via the USB Port in the car. If it helps to add to the library of knowledge, so that others may be able to be advised in the future, I would add the following:
1. When formatting the stick, I was only offered: A) exFAT, or, B) NTFS. I believe; exFAT now supercedes FAT32. Here is some details I have found: https://www.howtogeek.com/235596/whats-the-difference-between-fat32-exfat-and-ntfs/
2. After "formatting" the stick with the BMConfig.xml file which was downloaded form the car, I then took the stick back to my computer and downloaded the ENGLISH LANGUAGE reccommended (after extracting the file from the zip file) and then went back to the car. It automatically "UPDATED" and the voice said "complete" I then went back to the computer and "SYNCED" a playlist from my Media Player, and then took the stick back to the car, and it worked.
3.The memory stick is only 64Gb purposely so that it is not too large for the car to cope with.
4. I seem to recall from some time ago when I read the manual about placing the mp3's in a file and folders, but I opted to just copy them across as the Media Player synced them and as it worked, left it at that. But that may be an option in the future if I get the courage up to try and re-install the mp3's so that I can choose which tracks I hear, rather than just playing them one at a time or in random order.
5, I take your valid point regarding the now defunct web site and realise that by downloading the "LANGUAGE" files you pointed me to, actually is the file needed (from the old web site page) to effect the process.

Once again, thank you so much, it is good to know there is a font of useful, practical knowledge, ready and able to help individuals in distress in trying to wade through so much technical stuff to action such a simple procedure that only takes around 10-15 minutes in total to complete. All the best....

Reactions: ben
I am glad you got it working. Just one thing I want to draw your attention too.
and realise that by downloading the "LANGUAGE" files you pointed me to, actually is the file needed (from the old web site page) to effect the process.
I didn't point you to those Files that was @ben Who is responsible for this whole site and keeping the lights on here. He is responsible for saving and hosting those files and this forum. So while I bumble about the internet, spouting what bits of knowledge I have picked up over the years. He is the one you really REALLY need to direct your thanks towards.

Thank you Andy for making me aware. This is all new to me and I too am bumbling and stumbling around without any knowledge or hindsight at all so Ben, pardon me fore the confusion and a big THANK YOU very much for being here(y)

Back