Technical 2014 Panda 4x4 TA Blue&Me

Currently reading:
Technical 2014 Panda 4x4 TA Blue&Me

Mickey Z

I've just aquired a 2014 Panda 4x4 TA. (amongst the other Pandas I own.. a 2007 Multijet and a 2020 Launch City Cross Hybrid) The usual Blue&Me is not working and also has the flashing mileage.. I disconnected the battery for around 30 mins but that never resolved the problem, hence I removed the unit from under the drivers seat and sent it off for repair.. the unit came back today and I refitted it.. the unit is so called "Plug and Play" but still have the same problem..???.. I'm not so much bothered about the Blue&Me not working but the flashing mileage id annoying.. any ideas..????
Also the fuse box in the glove box has this odd connection between F36 & 37..???? Std F36 should be 10A & F37 should be 7.5A, these have been changed..??
Screenshot_20230926_163501_Gallery.jpg

I've just aquired a 2014 Panda 4x4 TA. (amongst the other Pandas I own.. a 2007 Multijet and a 2020 Launch City Cross Hybrid) The usual Blue&Me is not working and also has the flashing mileage.. I disconnected the battery for around 30 mins but that never resolved the problem, hence I removed the unit from under the drivers seat and sent it off for repair.. the unit came back today and I refitted it.. the unit is so called "Plug and Play" but still have the same problem..???.. I'm not so much bothered about the Blue&Me not working but the flashing mileage id annoying.. any ideas..????
Also the fuse box in the glove box has this odd connection between F36 & 37..???? Std F36 should be 10A & F37 should be 7.5A, these have been changed..??View attachment 430437
You may need to perform a reset..

Often people just unplug the B+M then reset stops the flashing😉

Also the fuse box in the glove box has this odd connection between F36 & 37..???? Std F36 should be 10A & F37 should be 7.5A, these have been changed..?

I can't comment regarding the fuse box link.

On the B&M repair, if you sent your old unit to the repairer are you sure the same one was sent back? If it has been done on an exchange basis then the ECU probably doesn't recognise the B&M module address. If it is your original unit the repair may have required some parts replaced and therefore the address code has been lost. I replaced mine for a working secondhand part (from Alfa Mito I believe) this did indeed "plug and play".

I can't comment regarding the fuse box link.

On the B&M repair, if you sent your old unit to the repairer are you sure the same one was sent back? If it has been done on an exchange basis then the ECU probably doesn't recognise the B&M module address. If it is your original unit the repair may have required some parts replaced and therefore the address code has been lost. I replaced mine for a working secondhand part (from Alfa Mito I believe) this did indeed "plug and play".
Hi, thanks for your reply..
Yes it was a repair job and it is the same unit that has been returned.. I marked it.. I sent it to ECU Solutions, Scunthorpe.

Would I need it re-coded to the car..???? if so, who & where..????

I had this issue in my Citreon Nemo van (Fiat van basically) and I sent the unit to Evtronics @ £95 for repair came back within an day and worked straight away, no re-coding and no more flashing odometer, the B&M unit now works perfectly, previously when it was faulty it ruined my battery by discharging it, the battery was only about 8 months old but fortunately it was replaced under warranty by the supplier.

I had this issue in my Citreon Nemo van (Fiat van basically) and I sent the unit to Evtronics @ £95 for repair came back within an day and worked straight away, no re-coding and no more flashing odometer, the B&M unit now works perfectly, previously when it was faulty it ruined my battery by discharging it, the battery was only about 8 months old but fortunately it was replaced under warranty by the supplier.
The Panda has been parked up for a whole week now and no sign of the battery going flat.. it never did before..????
Maybe there was no problem with the B&M before I sent it off..??? I don't know as the mileage was flashing when I purchased the Panda
a few weeks ago. Like I've stated in a previous post I'm not too worried about the B&M not working but I would be happy if the mileage
would stop flashing, I now understand that the B&M not working and the flashing mileage are linked..??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Panda has been parked up for a whole week now and no sign of the battery going flat.. it never did before..????
Maybe there was no problem with the B&M before I sent it off..??? I don't know as the mileage was flashing when I purchased the Panda
a few weeks ago. Like I've stated in a previous post I'm not too worried about the B&M not working but I would be happy if the mileage
would stop flashing, I now understand that the B&M not working and the flashing mileage are linked..??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There‘s loads of posts on here about faulty B&M units there’s a few videos too which involve taking a Fiat 500 apart internally to get to the unit, well worth a watch btw.

There‘s loads of posts on here about faulty B&M units there’s a few videos too which involve taking a Fiat 500 apart internally to get to the unit, well worth a watch btw.
Hi, thanks for the heads up.. seen some videos on Fiat 500.. similar probs but the unit is well buried behind rear panel, luckily Panda is under driver seat with easy access.. There is of course a chance that the unit wasn't repaired properly..??? How can I check it out..??
Think I'll contact the repair company.. :unsure:

Hi, thanks for the heads up.. seen some videos on Fiat 500.. similar probs but the unit is well buried behind rear panel, luckily Panda is under driver seat with easy access.. There is of course a chance that the unit wasn't repaired properly..??? How can I check it out..??
Think I'll contact the repair company.. :unsure:

Have a read of this thread mate(y)

Have a read of this thread mate(y)

Thanks, I guess this is the road I should be taking.. (y)

Also the fuse box in the glove box has this odd connection between F36 & 37..???? Std F36 should be 10A & F37 should be 7.5A, these have been changed..??View attachment 430437
iam after doing the same job Iam afraid to sort the flashing miles you will have to get the car aproxy lined funny they told me the same it’s plug and play but when I got it back it wasn’t

iam after doing the same job Iam afraid to sort the flashing miles you will have to get the car aproxy lined funny they told me the same it’s plug and play but when I got it back it wasn’t
thanks for your reply.. I'm begining to wonder now whether the B&M unit was ever faulty..?? Perhaps it is just a case of getting the car proxy lined..
I'll try this action next.. Will let you know the outcome.. thanks.

Late to the party here…. Does the car still have its original radio fitted? If a non original (or any aftermarket) radio is fitted this ‘upsets’ the (expected) comms between the radio and body computer that prevents the radio from being reused in a different car if stolen.

Is the link in the fuse box to provide power to an aftermarket radio (the original uses canbus to provide power with ignition off for a timed period. An aftermarket radio needs two separate live feeds (one before, one after the ignition switch).

I’d guess that link prob also confuses the system - and it seems to show ‘cannot compute’ if confused by flashing the odo.

Late to the party here…. Does the car still have its original radio fitted? If a non original (or any aftermarket) radio is fitted this ‘upsets’ the (expected) comms between the radio and body computer that prevents the radio from being reused in a different car if stolen.

Is the link in the fuse box to provide power to an aftermarket radio (the original uses canbus to provide power with ignition off for a timed period. An aftermarket radio needs two separate live feeds (one before, one after the ignition switch).

I’d guess that link prob also confuses the system - and it seems to show ‘cannot compute’ if confused by flashing the odo.
Thanks for your reply.
I just popped out and pulled the radio out and yes the car has it's original radio fitted, std fiat job.. I have all the original stuff that came with the car, serial number, radio code etc.. when I disconnected and re-connected the battery, it didn't ask for a code come to think of it..??? This is not to say that the previous owner may have fiited an aftermarket radio, hence the link in the fuse box..??? then putting the original back in on selling the car and leaving the fuse box link in place..?? Should I try disconnecting the link in the fuse box and see what happens..???? :oops::oops:

Thanks for your reply.
I just popped out and pulled the radio out and yes the car has it's original radio fitted, std fiat job.. I have all the original stuff that came with the car, serial number, radio code etc.. when I disconnected and re-connected the battery, it didn't ask for a code come to think of it..??? This is not to say that the previous owner may have fiited an aftermarket radio, hence the link in the fuse box..??? then putting the original back in on selling the car and leaving the fuse box link in place..?? Should I try disconnecting the link in the fuse box and see what happens..???? :oops::oops:
Given it shouldn’t be there, it’s certainly worth a try.

Back