Technical New rear shock absorbers (TA, non-4x4)

Currently reading:
Technical New rear shock absorbers (TA, non-4x4)

chr1s

Panda Lounge TA 2012
I need to replace my rear shock absorbers. It's a long while since I replaced any shock absorbers, but I plan to fit a pair of Magneti Marelli parts at £44 each (S4P, discounted).
Is it usual to reuse the bolts, or recommended to replace them too ?
Torqued to 70 Nm ?

Upper bolt 80nm lower 70nm. I wouldnt change bolts. Usecaxlittle locktite on tye nuts if you want to be extra safe. monro are tge original dampers but MM should be good. Sit tge car on its wheels before tightening completely so bushes are tightened into their mid point of movement to reduce stresson tge rubber.

Eh up,

You might want to check if the bolts are e-torx and not your standard to make sure you’ve got a socket to suit - I cannot remember but something is telling me I fell fowl when taking mine off for some reason though mines a Cross TA

Cheers

From my Haynes manual for the panda 2012 onwards, the upper bolt is the same as the 500 so 70nm and bottom bolt is different and I believe it to be a 1.5 pitch thread so the resulting torque is 100-110nm according the guide.

Remember to tighten all the bolts with the car in its resting position so you don’t prematurely distort the bushes.

Thanks for all your replies. Job now done, with no drama, using Magneti Marelli shocks from S4P.
The bottom bolts are e-torx, so I borrowed a few sockets from work {18mm, 20mm, 22mm, 24mm}. For reference, they are 18mm e-torx.
Top bolts are 15mm hex.
The bottom bolts are a 1.75mm thread, so I used the 100Nm suggested by @AAB1992 , and 80Nm suggested by @The Panda Nut for the top bolts.
Bolts tightened with wheels on and car on ground.

Back