Tuning Bilstein Struts or Something else?

Currently reading:
Tuning Bilstein Struts or Something else?

Hey Guys,

I am looking to upgrade the front shock on my Grande Punto 1.4 Tjet 2009. I have some Euro carparts sachs ones that needed to go on due to MOT crunch time, but I find the ride is terrible, When i go over speed bumps its really bouncy.

I want some front struts that are not bouncy over speed bumps, offer a firmer ride and are a fair price. I only say Bilstein as it is the brand everyone seems to know, but if anyone can recommend any other sporty struts that match my requirements. Lastly could you provide any links to legit websites that seem to stock these genuine brands, the Bilstein website seems to be more info based then abuying site.

Thanks again as always

Bilstein on my Panda are great BUT the bolt holes in the bushes are too big and the bolts now rattle... Suggest you should measure the sizes of the bolt holes and check before buying.

The ride with Bilstein G4's is however really excellent. I Put Monroe on the front again gas filled and they too seem very good. Hope this helps.

I tried KYB on my Panda 100 and although OK too I see on the MOT checker site here in UK that they have failed just 4 years down the road. They were cheap but not as good as either of the other brands I have mentioned.

Hope the comments of some use. Good luck. Let us know what you get in the end.

Heh, when I was checking which front shocks to buy for my 1.2 GP, the comments said Sachs are the stiffest out of the general KYB, Bilstein, Monroe, Meyle bunch. Perhaps Sachs has different models of shocks available? For example KYB has two types of shocks for the GP: a "generic" one, and a model called "Excel-G".

Edit:
Ah, nevermind. It's just a re-branding of the same shock. The old one was called "GR2" and had grey paint. The "new" one is painted black and is called "Excel-G". But the hardware itself is the same:
https://www.kyb.com/knowledge-cente...etween-the-kyb-gr-2-and-the-excel-g-products/

Last edited:
Back