Bike Chat!

Currently reading:
Bike Chat!

Aye, but the bikers always come of worse.

Cheers

SPD

More people get killed/ maimed in car accidents than bike accidents though. I know there are more cars on the road but anything with wheels on it is a potential widow maker!

Have to mention that born again and 40 something newly qualified bikers managed to overtake young riders as statistically the worst group to have fatal accidents. Too much money, not enough experience, direct access courses and a 'Blade/ 'Busa/ 'Bird that can top 170+ mph and sub 3 second 0 - 60mph and it is not hard to see why this has happened... :dead:

More people get killed/ maimed in car accidents than bike accidents though. I know there are more cars on the road but anything with wheels on it is a potential widow maker!

Have to mention that born again and 40 something newly qualified bikers managed to overtake young riders as statistically the worst group to have fatal accidents. Too much money, not enough experience, direct access courses and a 'Blade/ 'Busa/ 'Bird that can top 170+ mph and sub 3 second 0 - 60mph and it is not hard to see why this has happened... :dead:

yup very true, my dad has a few mates that have just started on R1s, one got a hayabusa and something else, i know at least 1 of 'em doesn't have a liscense.

i know my bike isn't the fastest out there, but it certainly isn't the slowest, i've got respect for it and i take my time and i'm careful with the power and speed, i feel i'm improving though (y)

The throttle goes both ways. My '92 FJ1200 will do 30 in 4th all day. Holy Smoke, I've just realised something, my bike's older than some of the people on here.

Never been keen on the idea of camping with a bike. In France a few years ago I saw a little convoy of about a dozen British Sports Bikes all with camping gear on the back ride past me in the rain. As it didn't stop for about 4 days, they'd arrive in the rain; put their tent up in the rain; climb in the tent with their damp bike gear; get up and put on their damp bike gear; pack up the tent in the rain; and then arrive at the next site in the rain and so on.

I bought the paper and went and had a cup of coffee then road back to Mrs. Beard in the Chateau B&B we stayed in and had breakfast. Still, it wouldn't do for everybody to be the same.

Don't forget if you go camping to take a sidestand puck; or at least a flattened beer can with you.

The throttle goes both ways. My '92 FJ1200 will do 30 in 4th all day. Holy Smoke, I've just realised something, my bike's older than some of the people on here.

Never been keen on the idea of camping with a bike. In France a few years ago I saw a little convoy of about a dozen British Sports Bikes all with camping gear on the back ride past me in the rain. As it didn't stop for about 4 days, they'd arrive in the rain; put their tent up in the rain; climb in the tent with their damp bike gear; get up and put on their damp bike gear; pack up the tent in the rain; and then arrive at the next site in the rain and so on.

I bought the paper and went and had a cup of coffee then road back to Mrs. Beard in the Chateau B&B we stayed in and had breakfast. Still, it wouldn't do for everybody to be the same.

Don't forget if you go camping to take a sidestand puck; or at least a flattened beer can with you.

mine's an 87 so i'm sure it's older than loads on here, :p

i love camping, never been to a show so tommorow me and the gf are booking stormin' the castle, all being well with weather it'll be great, even if it isn't the tents waterproof and so are we lol.

we actualy got one of those given to hold the bike up in the first stormin the castle in 1997, god knows where it is, i doubt there'll be a shortage of empty cans either :p

bit of a old thread. not really been on a rally for ages. always have fun on bike runs. not sure why but bikers seem to have a better sense of humour and that then car meets. I guess its cos if your on two wheels your part of a group (unless your a hardly-movingson rider or a BMW rider lol)

done weekends away in isle of wight. a good one is the welsh rally, near elan valley.

i've been putting some new calipers on my dads bike, standard ones (FZR1000)

all going pretty straight forward until it came to bleeding them, my teacher at college told me to do the caliper furthest from the master cylinder, tried that, nothing at all, tried the other and after a while i started to bleed, verry verrry slowly, i've spent 2 long and painful hours and there's still bits of air coming through. can't see anywhere that it could leaking from so i'm stuck.

anyone got any ideas?

i've been putting some new calipers on my dads bike, standard ones (FZR1000)

all going pretty straight forward until it came to bleeding them, my teacher at college told me to do the caliper furthest from the master cylinder, tried that, nothing at all, tried the other and after a while i started to bleed, verry verrry slowly, i've spent 2 long and painful hours and there's still bits of air coming through. can't see anywhere that it could leaking from so i'm stuck.

anyone got any ideas?

try back bleeding them large syringe rubber pipe and push the fluid Up from the calliper so it overflows from the master cylinder ((care not to get it on the paint work or have a mate draw it out with another syringe

well nobody guessed lol.. 103.7 BHP. more than my mates 900 fireblade in my class :cool:

it's lost a meer 4.3 BHP in 23 years and 38k miles!

top speed 145MPH, said it had an excellent power curve :confused:

i can post up the graph and stuff if anyone cares.

about the bleeding brakes, found the bold through the brake pipe going into the caliper was very blocked, cleaned it and it started pulling through the air and fluid, great i thought.. not..

done the other, got a few more small bubbles out, put it back together and it still has no pressure at all, i'm thinking it could be the rubber bit under the master cylinder cap as it's out of shape and i'm not sure it's sealing

Yup. they totally removed the garage door and took both our CCMs (me and dad have one each) left my brothers pit bike and quad. the methanol burning CCM racer (would of been funny seeing them trying to run that on petrol!) and dads BMW GS

not paid out yet. the investigator who came was sound and put loads of stuff down to try and get me as much as i can (!!!) but he said dont be pissed off with him when the give you there offer. I find it wrong that insurance company can do this. i insured my bike with a value of 1800. how can they come back with an "offer" i just dont get this. surely this would be like me buying a Ferrari.... insuring it as a fiat and if i ever get pulled or make a claim i can say something like yeh well its made in the same factory.

anyway i bought a ducati ST2. 1000cc (well 944) beast. it is a sports/tour bike but been street fightered (fell of stand not crashed. never been thru insurance like most of them) so likes just look a Monster now. atho im told by a guy my dad does sprints with this well be a lot quicker then a monster as its not a detuned engine (guy who i got it from said it can go 100 in second!) and that it has one of the best chassis setups.
only done 14k, new chain and sprockets. new tyres, new cam belts, K&Ns and lovey sounding cans :)

Cant wait to mount this beast :D

Last edited:
Yup. they totally removed the garage door and took both our CCMs (me and dad have one each) left my brothers pit bike and quad. the methanol burning CCM racer (would of been funny seeing them trying to run that on petrol!) and dads BMW GS

not paid out yet. the investigator who came was sound and put loads of stuff down to try and get me as much as i can (!!!) but he said dont be pissed off with him when the give you there offer. I find it wrong that insurance company can do this. i insured my bike with a value of 1800. how can they come back with an "offer" i just dont get this. surely this would be like me buying a Ferrari.... insuring it as a fiat and if i ever get pulled or make a claim i can say something like yeh well its made in the same factory.

anyway i bought a ducati ST2. 1000cc (well 944) beast. it is a sports/tour bike but been street fightered (fell of stand not crashed. never been thru insurance like most of them) so likes just look a Monster now. atho im told by a guy my dad does sprints with this well be a lot quicker then a monster as its not a detuned engine (guy who i got it from said it can go 100 in second!) and that it has one of the best chassis setups.
only done 14k, new chain and sprockets. new tyres, new cam belts, K&Ns and lovey sounding cans :)

Cant wait to mount this beast :D

hope you get it all sorted, i think it's 'cos they work off that being the value of it when you insured it, depreciation and all that, everyone KB's the first offer anyway so it'll probably be ridiculous.

nice bike, i do like the sound of ducatis, like harleys they have their own sound (y) might have worked out for the best in the end..

Back