Bike Chat!

Currently reading:
Bike Chat!

Hey all, thought i'd start this thread for all us Bikers to talk about bikes, since i've been using the latest thread asking anything about bikes to talk :eek:

Been looking at campsites today to go away tommorow for a night on the bike in the lakes, didn't realise there was so many different places and i can't decide where to go, i guess they're all biker friendly?

just got my new oil in and oil filter on which was desperately needed so i want to get some use out of it lol (y)

Hey!

Me and my other half went touring in June and we ventured to the Lakes with the motorbike...

*most places are biker friendly
*take a look round the campsite if you can first to make sure there is a suitable place for your bike to sit either by your pitch or further away
*Although more expensive, established sites like caravan clubs etc are usually pretty good, and they don't mind bikes at all, plus facilities are better!
*If you got to a "club" site make sure it's one that takes non-members

If it's any use to you, here's the addresses of the 2 campsites in the lakes we stayed at...

Waterside House Campsite,
Pooley Bridge,
Penrith,
Cumbria,
CA10 2NA

01768 486332

It's about £14p/n based on 2 people and 1 bike. This campsite is based on a working farm... the facilities are small and very basic but clean, and it is quiet at night. We parked the bike on the grass but the land was flat and solid so we didn't have any issues. It's also right by the lake, so at night you can sit at the water and be just a few mins from your tent. There is a couple of dogs on the site, and there is a play park for kids but the noise was kept to a minimum when I was there. I'm sure they also had something to do with the hiring of boats or kayaks for going out on the lake as well. There is a tiny shop on site. Depending on which field you camp in depends on whether you are within walking distance to Pooley Bridge or not. It's a very quiet wee place, so if you're looking for a night out then best nearer Windermere etc.

Windermere Camping and Caravan Club,
Ashes Lane,
Staveley,
Kendal,
Cumbria,
LA8 9JS

01539 821119

A bit more expensive, but the facilities are better and cleaner and a little shop with all the basics. Fairly good pitches for bike being near the tent and not on grass. If you aren't a member of their "club", their fees are a bit more expensive, but if it's a one off then it's no big deal really. Non-members are welcome at this site.

Hope that helps :D(y)

Last edited:
Hey!

Me and my other half went touring in June and we ventured to the Lakes with the motorbike...

*most places are biker friendly
*take a look round the campsite if you can first to make sure there is a suitable place for your bike to sit either by your pitch or further away
*Although more expensive, established sites like caravan clubs etc are usually pretty good, and they don't mind bikes at all, plus facilities are better!
*If you got to a "club" site make sure it's one that takes non-members

If it's any use to you, here's the addresses of the 2 campsites in the lakes we stayed at...

Waterside House Campsite,
Pooley Bridge,
Penrith,
Cumbria,
CA10 2NA

01768 486332

It's about £14p/n based on 2 people and 1 bike. This campsite is based on a working farm... the facilities are small and very basic but clean, and it is quiet at night. We parked the bike on the grass but the land was flat and solid so we didn't have any issues. It's also right by the lake, so at night you can sit at the water and be just a few mins from your tent. There is a couple of dogs on the site, and there is a play park for kids but the nose was kept to a minimum when I was there. I'm sure they also had something to do with the hiring of boats or kayaks for going out on the lake as well. There is a tiny shop on site. Depending on which field you camp in depends on whether you are within walking distance to Pooley Bridge or not. It's a very quiet wee place, so if you're looking for a night out then best nearer Windermere etc.

Windermere Camping and Caravan Club,
Ashes Lane,
Staveley,
Kendal,
Cumbria,
LA8 9JS

01539 821119

A bit more expensive, but the facilities are better and cleaner. No tokens for showers etc, and a little shop with all the basics. Fairly good pitches for bike being near the tent and not on grass. If you aren't a member of their "club", their fees are a bit more expensive, but if it's a one off then it's no big deal really. Non-members are welcome at this site.

Hope that helps :D(y)

wow, that's amazing, thankyou very much for that!

i think me and the GF might shoot off tommorow morning, i'll give them a call, bribe my dad to look after the puppy and we're sorted lol (y)

well i just had a go on my dads FZR1000 after doing his front pads to test it out, must say, i much prefer my renthals to the standard race bike bars, can't comment on the speed.. didn't get it up to temperature to open her up

Get yourself to a rally Alex, this one's a good 'un...

http://www.storminthecastle.co.uk/

My bike MOT ran out nearly a year ago, tax in February and insurance in May.

Haven't actually seen it for months (it's all tucked up under a cover on it's paddock stands).

i have the bracelet thing from that even in '96 and '97 :p obviously went on my dads bike, was 7/8 years old, remember it was big, my dad was actually on about going to it again.

nice mileage lolita! i work in KMs on my bike as its an import lol

does anyone know how easy those digital fuel cages are to fit and possibly tranfer to other bikes if i bought another?

oh and if those screens you can get for streetfighters, do they have to be model specific? when i'm doing 1.. 70mph the winds quite rough :p

Back