Buying mountain bike

Currently reading:
Buying mountain bike

No I tried to get it going but no look, I work at Next so it was a no straight away. :confused:

That's a shame. Still, if you shop around you can save more than the c2w scheme by buying last years model at a hefty discount. Differences to this years bike are usually trivial.

9000 lumens. Are you sure??? I have a 1600 lumens front light and get grief from drivers as it is so bright. Have to dip it so it is not dazzling. 9000 lumens is probably enough to start bush fires!

We've had 4 Carrera mountain bikes at work for about 4 years with SRAM X4 triple chain rings. I really don't like the SRAM gears as they have a longer than necessary shift movement (longer than a sweep of my thumb) so I have to twist my hand to change.

My Bianchi hybrid has Shimano Doeore XT gears with triple chaing rings and the change is so sharp and slick it takes a third or quarter of the movemen of the SRAM.

Each of the Carreras has had the rear derailleur adjusted 3 or 4 times.
The Bianchi hasn't had its altered once.

The Tektro brakes on 3 out of 4 Carreras have developed squeals when under hard braking.

The Bianchi hasn't.

With regard to the Voodoo Bizango, if it's hard to find one then maybe it's because: http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/voodoo-bizango-29er-review-2013/

The SRAM shimano thing is a bit marmite.. I'm a shimanio fan but I found the SRAM derailures much easier to set up and more reliable in the filth due to the 1:1 cable pull rather than shimano 1:2 which needs a finer set up

Just picked up the voodoo Aizan, built it up but needs tweeking before her maiden voyage !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Back