Technical Battery changeover

Currently reading:
Technical Battery changeover

Tipobateman

Hi, I’m new on this site, I’ve got a 2016 1.3 diesel tipo and I want to renew the battery, I’ve already purchased it and I wanted to know is it a straightforward swap over?and do I need to program the new battery to the car?, any help appreciated

I’ve no idea if you need anything reprogrammed or codes re- entered but in the absence of any other info I would personally play it safe. If you’re not sure then it’s quite easy to run a pair of wires to another battery. Make sure you’ve gone positive to positive otherwise you will have a big spark 😀
Either use a spare battery, an old one that has some charge might be ok if it’s reasonable or one on another car (engine stopped). Even a piece of mains cable would do the trick. Best to fashion a loop and put it under a bolt as croc clips sometimes slip and you would lose your supply.

I did our Bravo 198. I used jump leads to connect the new battery to the cars battery leads. Disconnected the old battery and removed it. lfted the new battery into the car and reconnected. Nothing needed a reset. You just need to be careful not to cause a short so an assistant is preferable.

Thanks for all your replies, it turns out the tipo doesn’t need the battery registered to the car, I basically just swapped like for like
It’s working perfectly now
Now I need to find out what the rumbling noise is whilst driving( I’ve changed all 4 wheel bearings and it still appears on speeds above 30mph)

Thanks for all your replies, it turns out the tipo doesn’t need the battery registered to the car, I basically just swapped like for like
Now I need to find out what the rumbling noise is whilst driving( I’ve changed all 4 wheel bearings and it still appears on speeds above 30mph)

Raise a rear wheel, give it a spin

My 500 has been doing this, the tyre is deformed.. Sets up a rumble at certain frequencies of vibration

Probably just the pattern of the tyres doesn’t suit the car, I’ve got winter tyres on the front of my BMW Mini and they make a right racket when you build up speed. Is the rumble from the front or rear?

Probably just the pattern of the tyres doesn’t suit the car, I’ve got winter tyres on the front of my BMW Mini and they make a right racket when you build up speed. Is the rumble from the front or rear?
Having checked the rear tyres earlier they are worn and the n/s rear tyre appears to have very uneven wear especially around the treaded area
The fronts are new and have been on a few months before the noise started, the noise is particularly bad at the rear, mostly the n/s/r

Having checked the rear tyres earlier they are worn and the n/s rear tyre appears to have very uneven wear especially around the treaded area
The fronts are new and have been on a few months before the noise started, the noise is particularly bad at the rear, mostly the n/s/r
Swap the front and rear wheels over and take it for a drive and see if the noise moves to the front

Back