General Bad... Bad idea!!

Currently reading:
General Bad... Bad idea!!

YeTeP

LMAO..

Scenario : 95MPH on the M8 behind Edinburgh. Quiet road, but coming up for some heavy traffic.

Action : @**ehole driver of an MK1 Sporting (that would be ... yours truely) decides it's time to slow down.

Problem : Brakes on the punto, as described before, are really just a pedal to tell the engine that it might be time to slow down, but it's not really that urgent.

Bigger Problem, and stupid reaction : @**ehole driver, again yours truely, decides to use his left foot on the brake pedal, no idea why.

Oh My God. Never again will that left food of mine come close to that pedal. Must of went 95 to 50 in like 5 feet.

Ever tried pushing it with ur right, the one you SHOULD be using, then your left, and trying to match the strength with ur right foot right after? Never realised the strength of my left foot!! Just too used to quick-shifting :p

Thought i'd share my day with you all, lmao.

:) :slayer:

see... thats the point... i was trying to test my punto out as an F1... afterall it's got a ferrari engine :slayer:

i'm quite good at this actually.. and whenever i've driven vivs smart (tiptronic, so no clutch) i always use left for braking.

before i learnt to drive though, was driving a van round an air field and stamped on the brake instead of the clutch once.. that hurt.

its cos your left foot is sensitive because of the clutch, BUT you want to move it fast when pushing it down and slow up.
basically the opposite way the brake is normally used.

first few weeks driving my punto years back I kept brake and accel at same time as my feet were too clumsy and the steering wheel AND pedals are offset from the seat, like most small fiat have been. things like clio's and polo's are lined up

I tried it once nearly went through the windscreen

lol, me 2!! did it in town once, scared the crap outta me! didnt realise how hard i had pressed the brake, left foot was to used to pushing down hard on the clutch!! never again...unless im goin like 5mph and theres no other cars about!!

on race tracks ppl tend to heel toe on the brake and accel with th right foot and left only for clutch, as you may NEED to change gear mid corner, and whilst your doing that your gonna need the brake and accel at the same time to fiddle the balanace of the car.

try it, tis fun, i.e when coming to a roundabout from say 60, in 3rd, brake till around 45, then downshift to 2nd whilst STILL braking and then pick the rev's up with the accel so that 2nd engages smoothly with no jerk's, then off the brake, and accel round the roundabout.

or wherver else you want to do it.

It just allows you to not jerk on the corners and braking corners, therby keeping the car more balanced and not likely to spin

Jabbing the brake with your left foot is something you only do once :D

Steve

ive tried it numerous times, just kept stalling...

had the gf do it in her focus and she wasnt expecting to stop so sudden, was funny.

on the race track left foot braking to keep the revs on upchanging is sound,on the public roads....
F1 cars only have 2 pedals, thats why they left foot break.,.,,
In other race cars the right foot shares the brake and accelerator and left only for clutch, like faster said.,.,(y)

Back