General Back in the day...

Currently reading:
General Back in the day...

Was clearing some old mags from our Garage and spotted this ad! I'm sure some of you out there will be old enough to remember :D(y) if I find anymore old Fiat ads During the continued excavation:p I'll post as and when :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
You guys sound like veteran Fiat owners varesecary?;) I remember seeing these models when I was younger and Stradas,127's and Miafiori's. First Fiat I ever owned was a 126 which unfortunately failed its MOT and later had to be scrapped because the bodywork was rusted beyond repair as previous owner lived by the Sea. Plus the rust proofing methods that Fiat use today far outstrips the 'rust buckets' they used to be labeled as back then. So it's always nice to see the odd example of these cars surviving till current day when I'm down at Autoitalia :cool:

It was bought off a Vicar ..to replace a GOLF:D

after about 18 months we bought a rusted out 127 SPORT , and swapped out all the good bits :slayer:

:idea: the R__t word seemed to be even MORE prevalent in my later 80's cars.. then they went Galvanised for the Tipo + Tempra.. good cars..!!, restored my faith.., :worship:
on our 27th now Punto Twin-air :)

Unlike Renault..FIAT do innovation with proper engineering behind it.. just look how long the FIRE and JTD's have been around..!!:D

What a lovely pic, especially in yellow. Super little car, shame so few are left.

Were you aware that the original Fiesta front suspension and drivetrain was almost an exact copy of the 128? Ford's first FWD, they had to get an idea from somewhere.

The original Fiesta was developed using Fiat 127's, so it's not surprising you see Fiat engineering ideas. Ford bought several 127's (I have 9 in my head for some reason!) & these were (amongst other things) used as mules to develop the running gear. A mk1 Fiesta also looks remarkably like a 127 if you look at the styling (y) It's also quite a useful tool for winding up the Fiesta clubs - they don't know what to say & get suitably tongue tied :D

Portland_bill I had no idea about that, but I can't say it's not a shock that Ford would do that ? Also read some online article that apparently Ford asked for Fiats help in designing the recent face-lifted KA?, I think FIAT took Fords money and legged it like a dodgy Cowboy builder?

Actually, the mk2 Ka was a joint Ford/Fiat project with the Fiat 500. The Ka rode better, despite the awfull looks, and Fiat adopted the suspension changes for later 500's. The Ka is basically a reshelled 500, all the hard points like bulkhead are the same as are the bits you can't see like heater, electrics etc.

Back