ArG Keep nearly crashing never my fault

Currently reading:
ArG Keep nearly crashing never my fault

You're dad's wrong.
Grammar%20Time.jpg

:eek: Can't believe I put that! :cry:
As an aside, as a lesson for some of our more grammatically-challenged readers, can anyone tell me what's wrong with the offending sentence? ;)

I cut roundabouts to show i wasn't going left it wasn't a total over the top would have being like a speed bump

just to clarify
small red line (sr) was me being lazy in drawing

Big red line is generally the middle of my car

blue line is what i saw of the vans route i just know it wasn't a direct left

purple is just showing the offending junction

nope they got islands though

Correct (y)

I'm not sure what I would have done in the situation due to the confusion of the junction! What you could do is indicate right for a couple of flashes then indicate left to show your intention to exit where you do. However, the van driver should have waited to see which exit you took. If some dollop isn't indicating, I always wait to see which way they are going before I go. On the other hand, even when I am indicating, some other dollop pulls out in front of me (and regrets it after a blast of horn and getting tailgated :devil:). Six and half a dozen I reckon.

I was taught if there are only two exits from a roundabout (like this) you treat it as left or right, there is no straight ahead.

Treat it the same as a raised roundabout, give way to the right, if its the first exit you want signal left, the second exit signal right until you pass the first exit then signal left to leave the roundabout.

The reason why not to is the one which isnt on the junction its got that extra right

When learning on a full size roundabout there was a petrolstation to the left so was told not to indicate. didnt get a minor in test for not indicating of as well semi simular

i make a point of usually going straight over them (y)

if some friggin merc van tried that on me he'd soon get an earful of horn in the face :mad:

rule is: give way for traffic coming from the right.
another rule is: dont cross untill sure its safe to do so.

van man in direct crontravention of my rules (n)

ive pissed someone off like that before on a roundabout - soon after i passed my test, was chatting to mates as i nearly took the front wing of a mondeo out :(:bang: i completely forgot about the traffic from the right rule!

(if somebody thinks it was me in keswick all those months ago, im very, very sorry :))

Back