Technical Are they having a laugh?!

Currently reading:
Technical Are they having a laugh?!

Bulldog Bish

Grrrrrrrrrrr!
Well, where do I start...

I initially took my car in to get the steering lock fixed as it was broken so I thought that while I was there, I'll get them to look at some other problems... all in all they have fixed a few things and have ordered parts for other problems but what really made my blood boil was the following comments on two of my issues:

1. Dashboard vent raised on drivers side - a clear 5mm gap about 8cm long (already changed once)
Fiat Response: Characteristic of the car, they are all the same, the fit is as good as it gets!!!!!!

2. Water leaking onto parcel shelf when shutting boot (after heavy rain)
Fiat Response: Characteristic of the car, no way of fixing it.

The car is rebooked for 2 weeks time, what do you think I should tell them about their comments above? T14086, any tips?

BTW, this is Thames in Croydon.

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:
I have to say :-
My vent is up about the same amount on my GPS too, doesnt really bother me, doesn't affect the functionality or rattle. :)

Yes, water splashing into the boot a bit happens to me too when its been raining, bit of a pain in the ass, but I dont have any water leaking into the tailgate, or the boot, from any other source. :)

My view is that its a £9 grand car, typically Italian, made for style before function, not a £19 grand car built for both. The minor problems I have had have been sorted by my dealer at first time of asking :-

Rear brake moaning when reversing ... sorted.
Horn push hard to press ... sorted
Drivers side door lock not working from the inside ... sorted
Washers hitting the wiper arms ... almost sorted lol! (y)

I got what I expected, a good fun car for not much money, so far Happy Bunny! :slayer:

Foxy, I understand what you're saying, yes it is only(!) a 13k car but still, its a big investment for anyone and these faults should be fixed.

Regarding the water in the boot, I have the water coming out of the tips of the boot when open, that's not the problem, its when you shut the boot and you get a nice pool of water on the parcel shelf streaming from the top of the boot lid.

Regarding the air vent, when heating up the car in the morning, the drivers side takes a lot longer to clear because most of the air is escaping through the gap and not on the windscreen.

I am generally happy with the car, its fun, nippy and good looking but wish they would just have better customer service when it comes to faults

Foxy, I understand what you're saying, yes it is only(!) a 13k car but still, its a big investment for anyone and these faults should be fixed.

Regarding the water in the boot, I have the water coming out of the tips of the boot when open, that's not the problem, its when you shut the boot and you get a nice pool of water on the parcel shelf streaming from the top of the boot lid.

Regarding the air vent, when heating up the car in the morning, the drivers side takes a lot longer to clear because most of the air is escaping through the gap and not on the windscreen.

I am generally happy with the car, its fun, nippy and good looking but wish they would just have better customer service when it comes to faults

Fully understand that. The water pool after u shut the taigate I would question with the dealer. Odd tho my windows dont steam up much.... dont do the car courting much these days lol! Just kidding. Maybe you water ingress is causing extra misting up? Mine de-mist equally as quickly so maybe I am lucky. Its not good for you paying top whack but I got my GPS used (1.5k miles) for just over £9k, vent was like it when I got it, thought it was how it should be and while it works I wont ask anyone to do any work that might upset the staus quo.

1. Dashboard vent raised on drivers side - a clear 5mm gap about 8cm long (already changed once)
Fiat Response: Characteristic of the car, they are all the same, the fit is as good as it gets!!!!!!

luvduvs' response: BS - it can be refitted (though eventually it'll pop back out again :rolleyes:)

luvduvs' response: Try the sticky - might be related to that..

If I were you(which I`m not) I would take it to another dealer for a second opinion,or even contact Fiat Customer Care to see what their response might be. Water leaking into the boot is not funny.

The car is rebooked for 2 weeks time, what do you think I should tell them about their comments above? T14086, any tips?

1.Some seem worse than others to be honest,aslong as the clips are fully pushed home theres not a great deal that can be done.New dash?...probably end up with more problems than you began with.

2. Seal high level brake light.

Back