Technical Roof rack - Are there universal ones that are compatible?

Currently reading:
Technical Roof rack - Are there universal ones that are compatible?

BooBooDevere

Hi there.

Looking for a roof rack to use with an 06 Grande Punto.

eBay shows them about £80, but does anyone know if you can get them cheaper? Tried Halfords hoping there own universal ones would fit, but no luck!

Thanks.

Hi there.

Looking for a roof rack to use with an 06 Grande Punto.

eBay shows them about £80, but does anyone know if you can get them cheaper? Tried Halfords hoping there own universal ones would fit, but no luck!

Thanks.
3 door or 5 door? The 5 door one has bolt holes in all of the door shuts at the top behind the rubbers which is not a very uncommon way to mount a roof rack but a 3 door is reliant on a clap into the edge of the back window and tightened down against the body of the car at the back and the usual bolts at the front making it a very weird and specific way of mounting a roof rack.

There are after market sets Mainly on places like eBay or other online companies, not a lot of call for high street roof rack sales companies now and halfords probably concentrates on very common models from Ford, Vauxhall VW, Audi etc, the Punto while popular is a discontinued car now, sales tailed off badly thought the 2010s and so they’re probably not common enough for halfords to be interested in carrying stock for the occasional person who wants them

Sorry, 3 door version.
You can sometimes pick genuine fiat ones from eBay second hand for not a lot of money, the genuine roof bars used to be £80 from the parts counter but I suspect those days are long gone. The genuine ones fit really well and are designed specifically for the weird mounting method of the grande.

Charlie made a good point above there are different feet depending on the car, just rubber pads but they are different if you have the glass roof or not

the genuine roof bars used to be £80 from the parts counter but I suspect those days are long gone.
Maybe I’m wrong a quick look on eBay found this set for very reasonable money

The clamps in the picture suggest that they are for the 3dr and the model number is different to another eBay listing for a 5 door set so I suspect they are what you need but I’d still drop them an email to check. There are also some used ones too, one set is currently on there for £10 plus <£4 P&P

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back