Are britain Racist?

Currently reading:
Are britain Racist?

tbh, i think it probably boils down to territorial attitudes. At one time, it was probably instinctive to be territorial, I don't know, but i dont think it will ever change.

One thing is obvious, and that is the subject is evidently a strong one in most peoples' minds.

it's like religion though, most often, children surrounded by racist/we hate foreigner attitudes take after it and so we have a generation of people that are all like minded.

it's difficult..I wonder how different the country would be if we were a 100% patriotic country, make it worse/better?

I'm sure I read somewhere about religion v intelligence, the results being that on average regardless of race or religion, non religious people had higher IQ's than those who followed a religion.

I know its a bit off topic but I would say the more intelligent people become the less they need/believe in a religion.

Does anyone agree with that?

I know there is a proven link between racism and low intelligence, could religion be the same?

Last edited:
Is Britain racist?

19th century Darwinism suggested it was a case of the...

"Survival of the fittest"

21st century Darwinism implies...

"Dat is like well fit innit buv? Like yeah man; well buff"

tbh, i think it probably boils down to territorial attitudes. At one time, it was probably instinctive to be territorial, I don't know, but i dont think it will ever change.

One thing is obvious, and that is the subject is evidently a strong one in most peoples' minds.

it's like religion though, most often, children surrounded by racist/we hate foreigner attitudes take after it and so we have a generation of people that are all like minded.

it's difficult..I wonder how different the country would be if we were a 100% patriotic country, make it worse/better?

Very good point regarding territorialism. I think it's a fairly natural thing. Back in the 80's Australia was IMHO quite a racist place compared to now and I think most of us kids were racist to a point?

Once someone said to me...evolution is all around us, the evidence is there, how is it possible religion can survive?

Good point!

I'm not religious at all but sometimes I do find it hard to explain things just as a result of random evolution.

Haha it seems all of us who had conflicting views, have all just agreed on one thing at once, hence me liking nearly every post there ;)

Why do i see this thread swiftly moving onto how the chav has evolved lol..iv seen some references already "init bruv", "sik" somewhere in here lol.

established countries definately take things for granted these days though...

Girl: "OMG, like seriously, i just can't deal with this. My hair's a mess, my nails are cracked and worst of all, my shoes need heeling!"
Meanwhile: families in siberia stock up for what will be the coldest winter on record, helping each other to survive, collecting firewood etc etc.

Boy: "im not gonna work iv got a sore throat"
Meanwhile: mother goes to the only water hole for miles to find water for her 4 dehydrated babies at home, whilst constantly under threat from roaming animals and dehydration herself.

anyway sorry off-topic lol edit: reading back those are some ****e comparisons, but you know what i mean

an interesting question regarding racism:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090104113707AA65lR9

Last edited:
isnt calling people coloured racist?

So 'Sir' Trevor McDonald calling Bernard Manning a 'Fat White Bastard' racist on national TV is racist as well then, 2 way street.

i couldn't give a stuff about the jubilee to be honest, i think there would be more of a buzz going if she stepped down and we got a new king

You mean Charles:eek: I cant really be bothered with the whole royal family thing especially the queen but when you research it all the revenue she brings in is most welcome especially in these hard times.

I'm not religious at all but sometimes I do find it hard to explain things just as a result of random evolution.

Like?

The Royal Family bring in around £60M in tourism a year but cost us £200M in security and the jubilee cost an estimated £2Bil.

No offence mate but you should do some some serious research into this subject, I did a few months ago and was shocked. The tireless work they do behind the scenes is exceptional & certainly made me see them in a different light.

Please remember the queen is queen/monarch of the commonwealth i.e around 16 countries I can't remember the exact figure.

Also, I was under the impression funded a lot of the celebrations themselves?

If this is not the case, there are better things my tax could go towards, but in all honesty I think it was a great thing; regardless of whom the celebrations are for, to see people turn out like that for one cause was amazing.

This picture also made me smile:
celebrations.jpg

Also, I was under the impression funded a lot of the celebrations themselves?

Kate and Williams wedding was paid for by both parties (ouch that would be a expensive one if that was my daughter!) however taxpayer paid for the security. Remember though it's not just security for the Royals but for the public who attended, police time etc

Back