General Ahh POO!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Ahh POO!!!!!

Mod's on the B may have to go on hold for a bit - just been given notice of risk of redundancy!!!! :eek:

Won't know if I am going to be hit until the w/c 15th Oct - if I am selected then last working day is the 31st!!! That joke post about the downpipe...................:rolleyes:

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Hang in there dude! I m sure you ll be fine!
If things come to worse... www.intrasoft-intl.com
Apply there and I just might be able to push a CV :D
Hope it wont be that way though..
You have much more important things to care about than the B. In this case "B" stands for Bull****. you have kids man...

BEST OF LUCK!!!!

It's typical isnt it??
You and your loved one have an excellent weekend then the next day, the arse drops out of your world:mad:

Here's hoping for you matey:)

The joy of IT ... one week you're moving up north, the next your spending more time with your hallway.

One door may close, but it's just a doorway to another place.

All the best.

:) Thanks all :) - I am being a bit pragmatic about it (although totally pished off that it followed such a good weekend).........if I get hit so be it - if I don't then I have a good motivator to move on regardless..........

Out of a department of 29 the company want to get rid of 14!! Can't take this personally but the next few weeks are going to be difficult for everyone involved.

To put things into perspective (and part of the reason I am being pragmatic), one of my work colleagues was unable to make the meeting today as he was with his wife who fought a brain tumour last year and was given the all clear only to collapse over the weekend with the same symptoms. I really hope it's just a virus or something but the initial signs are not great - kinda puts things in order of importance........

I will consider myself in a bad situation the day I cannot afford petrol for my B!!! In the meantime its just another one of those 'life experiences' :rolleyes:

The IT industry is like the hexagon maze in Takeshi's Castle.

Lots of doors to open, some can set you free, some take you back to a place you've already been and some can land you in the sh*t. To top it off there is always a couple of f*ckers trying to mess you up around the corner.

DJ OD

The IT industry is like the hexagon maze in Takeshi's Castle.

Lots of doors to open, some can set you free, some take you back to a place you've already been and some can land you in the sh*t. To top it off there is always a couple of f*ckers trying to mess you up around the corner.

DJ OD

Totally agree with that statement - I have had enough of IT and would like out of the industry...................

I would like to buy a disused airfield, open a sprint track down the middle (runway), a touring car style track around the outside (taxiways), a cafe/pitstop, a discount performance shop, rolling road and offer overnight accommodation - all at a cost WE could afford so that its not limited to the 'top marque' owners because of cost constraints.....

I think there is a market for this kinda venue...................just need to find a place and take the risk!!

So, things have progressed further today................

As the company are making 1/2 of my department redundant they have asked for 'employee representatives' to act as internal consultants between the employee's and HR and the management team for the initial consultation period. A good proportion of the department have asked me if I would represent them and asked if I would put myself forward for election by the department staff.

So, I feel that the right thing is to out myself forward to represent the department but at the same time feel that the only important thing is to focus on myself and sorting out my future................what would you do?

(BTW, a lot of the guys who have asked me to put myself forward have worked for me on projects so I will put myself forward as I respect them and want to make sure that the process is fair and just).

................what would you do?

Hmmm... That's a potential headache. I guess if I were in your shoes I would be asking whether taking on this role interferes with my own personal agenda (ie: job hunting etc.). Also, does taking on this role affect your position within the company? For example, are you less likely to be picked if you take on this role? I guess that's not something you would know, or be able to find out.

I worked at a company a few years ago & while interviewing for a new position we were faced with a situation where 2 people were pretty much identically qualified for the role in question. It went to a panel of us & some of my colleagues decided on the guy that had put on his CV that in his last role he had done something very similar to what you are being asked to do. The reasons these colleagues gave was that he was willing to be a team player even at a time of potentially high stress, as well as being far from sure about his own future.

I guess at the end of the day it's down to you. But remember, you have to think of YOU first & foremost (I only say this because I am the worlds worst person for putting other peoples needs before my own). You might like your colleagues & they might be great people, but all your colleagues aren't going to pay your mortgage, or buy you that downpipe, or help with the hallway. How serious are you about getting out of the industry? Is the airfield viable? How would you finance it? Will you get enough redundancy etc? There are so many variables. For what it's worth, if you are serious about the airfield, go for it!

For the record, I voted for the other person as she had nicer t*ts!!!!

You are a smart man LRB so think straight and do what feels right.
Just dont forget that the first thing on the priority list is you and your family, then everybody else.
Best of luck!

[quoteI would like to buy a disused airfield, open a sprint track down the middle (runway), a touring car style track around the outside (taxiways), a cafe/pitstop, a discount performance shop, rolling road and offer overnight accommodation - all at a cost WE could afford so that its not limited to the 'top marque' owners because of cost constraints.....

I think there is a market for this kinda venue...................just need to find a place and take the risk!!
][/quote]

A fantastic idea LRB, one that I would love to be involved in too:) I forsee a couple of problems though:eek: Finding the two or three million to underwrite such a venture would be childs play compared to getting planning permission:cry:
Perranporth aerodrome in Cornwall is up for sale:idea: A bit out of the way though. Acaster Malbis near York, that might be better:)

Well things are moving on and I feel totally pants today.........

Along with 1 other I was elected an employee rep and yesterday had my first meeting with HR and management, then this morning had to play back the meeting to a large group of apprehensive, demotivated, sceptical colleagues - all of the sudden our situation became real this morning :(

We have to wait a week to find out who is on the list - really crappy 'cos the resource profile has been communicated so its speculation and paranoia for a week now..........

Aside from my temp role as an employee rep I am also being asked to get on with business as usual - this includes planning projects and schedules way past the point at which I may no longer be employed..............really crappy situation to be in and I had no idea how exhausting this process would be..........how on god's earth can an organisation expect you to focus on 'doing to job' when there is every chance that your final salary cheque will arrive at the end of the month?

Sorry for the rant, wanted to get it off my chest and as an employee rep there is nobody within my peer circle I can moan to..........on the upside I guess I still have my health!!!!

As long as you don't kill the B :eek:. There's enough people in the world, but not enough Bs ;)

Back