General Ahh POO!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Ahh POO!!!!!

Would you mind popping over to Stavanger and cherish my B with some wax etc.? The car, that is...

I might help with the cost of the airfield. So long as you keep 4000ft of decent runway for my aircraft and a secure shed to keep it in.

Ah well! My income is a secret (you could be a taxman in disguise) but I do manage aeroplane, Barchetta, Fiat Coupe and a girlfriend. Although the second and last are the most expensive.

Part shares in an old jet fighter! (Why I need 4000ft).

Ah well! My income is a secret (you could be a taxman in disguise) but I do manage aeroplane, Barchetta, Fiat Coupe and a girlfriend. Although the second and last are the most expensive.

Part shares in an old jet fighter! (Why I need 4000ft).

What jet fighter - and for the record I am not the taxman in disguise!!!!!!

Love a Lightning but thats serious serious money. Go ask Mike Beachy Head in Thunder City...

Rebuilding a Russian Mig 17 2 seater. Needs a new engine and modern clocks along with some other bits.

Trying to get a new (unused, 30yr old) chinese engine for it. Chinese put safer, more economic engines in their's, the orignal Russian ones last 100 hrs before throwing turbine blades.

Trying to get a new (unused, 30yr old) chinese engine for it. Chinese put safer, more economic engines in their's, the orignal Russian ones last 100 hrs before throwing turbine blades

Have you tried ebay??:D

Are the Irish CAA a bit more accommodating than the English CAA??

No luck on Ebay. Not even going to try Fiat parts..

Aircraft is a hybrid before any smartarse tells me that there aren't any 2 seat Mig 17's. Chinese licence built JJ5 which is Mig 17 airframe/engine with a 2 seat Mig 15 cockpit. Only problem is it doesn't have any guns...quite fancy having a go at RyanAir with 3x 30mm cannons...

Buiilding it in America where the rules aren't so tight. Bit like an SVA. FAA have to airtest it and then issue a permit to fly.

Have you tried ebay??:D

Are the Irish CAA a bit more accommodating than the English CAA??

You may jest but I was chatting to the curator of the battle of Britain museum at Hawkinge in Kent a couple of months ago and he picked up the fuselage of Heinkel He 111 from eBay!!! Obviously not going to fly again but a bargain for a couple of hundred quid!!!!

Aircraft is a hybrid before any smartarse tells me that there aren't any 2 seat Mig 17's.

There aren't any two seat Mig 17's :doh:

Ah yes, the americans are much easier to deal with on this type of issue............as long as you dont tell them you only want to be able to maneouvre it and you dont want to learn to take-off and land:(

Back