General Ahh POO!!!!!

Currently reading:
General Ahh POO!!!!!

In fact our American friends are much more flexible on this than the dull old Europeans. Rules are quite relaxed..if you fly an ultralite under 1000kg in weight then you need no licence and no training. Given that some modern 3 axis ultralites do 150kts, have retractable wheels and climb at 2000ft a minute you could create a lot of mischief.

No training means your life span would be similar to the guys in the RFC in WW1...

That'd be twenty minutes :)

Just remembered the Black Adder Private Plane episode - marvellous stuff:

"- Always suspected there might be a bit too much of the battle-dodging, nappy-wearing, I'd-rather-have-a-cup-of-tea-than-charge-stark-naked-at-Jerry about you. But if you're willing to join the Twenty-Minuters, then you're all right by me and welcome to marry my sister any day.
- Are you sure about this, sir?
- Certainly, you should hear the noise she makes when she eats a boiled egg."

:D

Sorry to hear that dude:(
but here in Greece we say that "what does not kill you just makes you stronger"!
(y)
Hold your chin up, it was not your fault nor something you could have done something about. I m sure you will find better! Till then, we are all here for you mate.:hug:

Thanks guy's - its funny, while we have been going through the process it has not felt 'real' - now it is hitting home a bit!

TBH you are right, its a matter of perspective, some of the guys that I work with are devastated by their change in situation - I am looking on it as an opportunity to try something new and sharpen up again - I may have a different outlook in 6 months time if I have not found another job though!!!!

Another stitch in lifes rich tapestry!!!

Just as you suspected:(
"One door closes,another door opens" etc etc:(

Yup, but my priority for tomorrow is to make the B shiny again tomorrow after yesterday's rain!!!

I am planning a couple of days to lick my wounds, then pick myself up, dust myself off and get on with stuff - time of year sucks but then is there ever a good time for such a situation?

WOW - that came around quickly - tomorrow is my last day..............me and about 25-30 others from my office, including 14 from my department.

11.00 tomorrow I have a meeting where I hand back my last 3 1/2 years of effort, laptop, mobile phone, etc etc etc...............plan is to be in the pub by 11.30 ;)

Nothing lined up yet but not too worried - that might change in a months time if I have not managed to get an interview or find another source of income............ :(

Onwards and upwards, I wonder what challenge it lying around the corner for me? (no more bloody downpipes I hope!!)

Sorry to hear about the job LRB.

Reminds me of the time STV waved cheerio to a slew of Camera Operators, me included. Really sucked as it had taken my ages to find that job after Edinburgh Live TV went to the wall. It was my big break after leaving college and 7 months into the job it was bye bye time.

However, I started up my own video production business albeit a small one. 4 years in and I'm making a decent living (it allowed to pick up the B after a good fews years of desire). OK, my home 'office' looks like Hitlers bomb shelter at the moment but they initial disappointment of losing that job did open up a door I otherwise wouldn't have bothered looking for.

Good luck sir.

getting job is a fulltime... er... job
spend at least one hour a day on it, if only to check out what is happening on the jobmarket, what the offers and demand is.
It will actually be slowing down towards the hols, so one should try to get some interviews NOW. Otherwise, you'll have to wait till january, when it picks up again with all the new incentives and budgets for the new year :)

relax a bit for a week or two, and think what you want to do, sort out the hallway and wax the B every day.
Unless you have unbelievable qualifications, sending out 500 CVs and waiting till they contact you wont work. Make an efford, cast your net wide, even for things your do not really want to do... you can always refuse IF you get an offer, but you need to get that offer first. Work on you interviewin skills, etc etc etc

Be prepared the face the missus 24 hrs a day !
This might actually become a problem, believe me. You'll want a job just to get some peace and quiet away from the missus after a while. :)

anyways, enought of the psycho hype... best of luck - also with the downpipes :)

Back