A trip to Amsterdam

Currently reading:
A trip to Amsterdam

anyone know how i'm on for taking drink aboard the ship?

going to have a drink on the friday before going on the ship but we're wanting to take drink on too, oh and if we do take a lot (too much to lug around the 'dam) do you go back in the same room as you were on friday or not?

thanks if anyone can answer! :D

i do know that you can leave all your stuff on the boat cos the boat doesnt go anywhere, and you have the same room

im excited for my trip now! i go tomorrow :slayer:

sweet, i'm just going to pack a change of clothes, rest drink lol (y)

ohh yeah thats right you booked it too :D daft not too for the price, another daft question but does it stop at different ports on it's way down the country? just i have a couple of mates that wanted to come but live down birmingham

anyone know how i'm on for taking drink aboard the ship?

going to have a drink on the friday before going on the ship but we're wanting to take drink on too, oh and if we do take a lot (too much to lug around the 'dam) do you go back in the same room as you were on friday or not?

thanks if anyone can answer! :D

you can buy a crate of beer on the boat cheap

uh no... it doesnt quite work like that lol

im pretty much packed. would think im going away for a week not two nights haha. but then i am a girl! got all my makeup and hair stuff with me so thats taking up alot of space lol

didn't think soo lol, oh well. yeah yerr all the same haha al be taking a back pack and that'll be it, mostly filled with beer

19465_271612039734_517509734_3377163_4822315_n.jpg

back pack is filled with makeup and hair stuff
middle bag is all clothes and shoes
and the right one is my handbag, filled with lipgloss and headache pills lol

hey all, me and a few mates are wanting to go to Amsterdam for a couple of nights, spoke to the lass at work who has been and says for 2 nights it only around £60! :D on the ferry though, where can i go to book it? or would it be easier to get a flight, oh and do you book the hotel when you get there?

any other cheap places to go for a weekend would be considered. thanks a lot! :D

Alex.
Last year Mrs. Beard, her sister, brother-in-law and his sister along with the sister's 2 sons, both in their mid-teens went to Amsterdam by ferry from Newcastle. They had a really good time, both on the ferry, which was an overnight sailing and in Amsterdam.

Mrs. Beard said the funniest thing was a 17 year old and his 15 year old brother agreeing that they couldn't believe they were sitting in a cafe with their mum, uncle and 2 aunts all in their '50s watching them smoke canabis. They declined as they said someone had to make sure the oldies got back to the hotel without falling in a canal and drowning. Unfortunately, none of the old farts could remember what happened later so there was a suspiscion that the two youngsters had set it up so they could go round the red light area without parental control.

A degree of role reversal there methinks.

lmao.

i've been reading up on the proper way to go on too, ask for a menu for the smoke etc, another thing i was wondering, how strict are they on security?

i'm not planning on taking any explosives or guns, was just curious, i'm gunna take 2 bags, one full of beer, one with a change of clothes some food, the food i'll eat will make room for the tabs i'll be bringing back to sell.. err smoke haha. hopefully they're a decent price over there!

ok so... they probably aint gonna love you taking a **** load of beer... and there are restrictions about what you can and cant bring in/out of the country. they also do searches if you look dodge, have Xray machines, and on the way back... sniffer dogs.

beer on the boat is cheap, however... you cant drink it on the boat. if you buy crates of beer, or the bottles of 6 wines for £13 or whatever it was... you pick it up on your way off the boat after the whole trip is done. same will go for fags. however i bought a bottle of JD on the boat and drank it on the boat.

the boat makes you feel ****ing horrible btw... cos you're on there for ages, when you come off you feel like you're still swaying. cos its winter the seas are ROUGH, hard to sleep through.

its cold as hell too, and was raining when we got there. and because of the rough seas we were well behind any only ended up with like 4 and a half hours or something. but it dragged. cos it was horrible weather you just kinda got fed up.

but yeah... i cant see myself going back in the winter. but would love to go back in the summer. and plan it better. like find out the best places to go and stuff

ok so... they probably aint gonna love you taking a **** load of beer... and there are restrictions about what you can and cant bring in/out of the country. they also do searches if you look dodge, have Xray machines, and on the way back... sniffer dogs.

beer on the boat is cheap, however... you cant drink it on the boat. if you buy crates of beer, or the bottles of 6 wines for £13 or whatever it was... you pick it up on your way off the boat after the whole trip is done. same will go for fags. however i bought a bottle of JD on the boat and drank it on the boat.

the boat makes you feel ****ing horrible btw... cos you're on there for ages, when you come off you feel like you're still swaying. cos its winter the seas are ROUGH, hard to sleep through.

its cold as hell too, and was raining when we got there. and because of the rough seas we were well behind any only ended up with like 4 and a half hours or something. but it dragged. cos it was horrible weather you just kinda got fed up.

but yeah... i cant see myself going back in the winter. but would love to go back in the summer. and plan it better. like find out the best places to go and stuff

just got back, i took like 18 cans in my bag and not much else, few got searched but i was lucky, drank in our room before going out in the ship, soon after going out i realised they sell cans of carling the same as mine for like 4 euro, i just kept getting mine and drinking them in the club lol since our room was 2 mins from where everything was (y)

ship was rougher than i thought but i slept fine and didn't feel ill at all, even the morning after :p

time in amsterdam was great, got baked all day in the coffeshops, wasn't feeling at my best waiting to board but i put that down to the space cake we had before getting on the coach lol.

no sniffer dogs or anything to detect drugs when i came through customs today (y)

Back