a band? you are not in a band....

Currently reading:
a band? you are not in a band....

would have to agree with the majority, however, it may be worth considering how much creative freedom some of these modern bands have.. i could name a few that are basically strung like puppets.

long have gone the days of innovatice bands i feel like, sting, beatles, beach boys, dire straits.. oh the list could go on..... i'm not saying there aren't still bands out there but i feel that they seem to much like hard work for the record labels....

and on the lip sync and vocal tech - i sing sharp all the time, however with a little tweak in the studio my harmonies come pretty damn good - you gotta love technology.....

west life aren't a band, you can't stick a bunch of the ugliest people on earth together because they have average voices and do covers ruining what were once great songs and call it a band!

cazz said:
west life aren't a band, you can't stick a bunch of the ugliest people on earth together because they have average voices and do covers ruining what were once great songs and call it a band!

Ugly people + Average voices = Oasis

Great band

It is true, look at all the greatest bands that there have been. How many of them, by what seems to be 'definition', have great voices? Not that many of them, it's their uniqness that make them sound good. And the fact they write their own songs, so they know how to make songs that go with their voices, unlike all this manufacured crap. Like said above, Liam Gallagher hasn't really got a brilliant voice technically, but it works a treat in the real world. This is why I detest watching stuff like the X-Factor.

now, oasis are my pet hate!!

westlife can sing, unlike boyzone, take that etc where there was only 1 good singer in each!! and yes, they were definately live!!

i used to sing in musicals, and sang on wiltshire radio etc, so its not like i cant hear when someones not singing live lol

PuntoSaz said:
westlife can sing, unlike boyzone, take that etc where there was only 1 good singer in each!! and yes, they were definately live!!

Are you sure they were 'live', and I don't mean in comparison to being 'dead'?!!! I only saw them once as mentioned at the Record of the Year 2000 at the LWT studios. I only went because my mate was working in the production of the event and had free tickets...

Apart from having to sit through Westlife lipsyncing (badly) to a song that was instantly forgettable, I also had to sit through Steps! :)bang:) Suffice to say, they were lipsyncing too. In fact, the whole night was full of mimers and only ONE performer sang live. I know this for a fact because my mate was working backstage and knew exactly what was going on. The only live vocals that night was Gabriel, and credit to her she sang really well. All the other acts were more concerned with their dance and pre-rehearsed stage moves...

For me that night represented the death of pop music. At least a few years back pop artists were creative, individual and had minds of their own.

And don't forget who manages Westlife. None other than Rownan Keating from Boyzone :rolleyes:

Back