Technical 2019 Ducato P1206

Currently reading:
Technical 2019 Ducato P1206

TheblackpearlTBP

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum so please bare with me.

I have a 2019 Ducato maxi 2.3 130 and I've only owned it since mid December 2023 and only covered a total of 400miles as its undergoing a camper conversion.

Around 250miles into ownership i had an EML come on and the van went into limp mode. I plugged in the diagnostics to find a "P1206-22 high flow resistance in diesel particulate trap". I cleared the fault and it returned after just 2 miles.

I looked into the issue further and reading the data stream it was telling me the dpf was clogged at 106%. I ran a Wynns on car DPF cleaner through the system which actually reduced the clogging from 106% down the 17% and the requirement for a regen went away.
I then carried out a longish motorway journey and the van ran perfectly until at 150 miles in it went back into limp mode and an EML again. Re plugged in the diagnostics and the same fault code, now showing 35% clogging and a regen now required.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I have read the differential pressure readings, that sits around 43mbar at idle.

Van seems to runs perfect normally.

Ps oil is good, and the outside temp sensor is intact and working!

Cheers
Alex

Have you got multiecuscan or a scanner that can save data as csv files or a graph. Its not just the idle value of the differential sensor that is important. If you have multiecuscan run a graph of template 5 (guide bellow) that includes lpegractual position and lpegr cooler temp. And post results here

Back