Technical 2016 Panda 4x4 twin air - low mileage

Currently reading:
Technical 2016 Panda 4x4 twin air - low mileage

Loomesy07

Help, My panda 4x4 has suddenly started vibrating through the gearstick and pedals. Difficulty changing in low gears. Warning triangle says could be the 4wd.

It sounds like your flywheel may have failed, apparently quite common on the Twinair… what age and mileage is yours?

Alternatively, driveline vibration could be the centre propshaft bearing, but the gears being tough to select is symptomatic of the DMF failing

It sounds like your flywheel may have failed, apparently quite common on the Twinair… what age and mileage is yours?

Alternatively, driveline vibration could be the centre propshaft bearing, but the gears being tough to select is symptomatic of the DMF failing
2016 - 43000

Sorry, didn’t spot the age from the threat title, have a look at similar threads on the TwinAir flywheel, they can go as early as 19k miles, see if you have any shared symptoms.

You mention warning triangle? You’re actually getting a warning light? Can you explain what the message says?

Sorry, didn’t spot the age from the threat title, have a look at similar threads on the TwinAir flywheel, they can go as early as 19k miles, see if you have any shared symptoms.

You mention warning triangle? You’re actually getting a warning light? Can you explain what the message says?
Its the orange warning triangle and flashes up check the numberplate light. i have nothing wrong, but the book of words, says could be ELD therefore take it to a main dealer.

I get the ELD Unavailable warning when it’s extremely cold, a quick press of the button suggests it actually does work as it does say ‘ELD Connected’

Numberplate light? Do you have a bulb out - otherwise probably unconnected to your problem.

Here’s a thread which seems to match your experience.

Its the orange warning triangle and flashes up check the numberplate light. i have nothing wrong, but the book of words, says could be ELD therefore take it to a main dealer.
Check that the battery volts are up to scratch - this causes all sorts of false errors from the various electronics. I'm not convinced the vibration is linked to this; I had a new DMF at 50k miles in a 2013 4x4 TA.
Symptoms; vibration through gear shift at 2-3000rpm in lower gears. Clutch pedal bite was low too but more related to worn friction surfaces. I'm not sure mileage is relevant to DMF failure perhaps more related to driving style??

Back