Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Currently reading:
Technical '06 Panda crank sensor issue.....

Everything is plugged nothing is disconnected all fuses relays and even the coil plugs

Hi there again sorry for being this late just checked right now i am getting battery voltage for 2 seconds after the ignition gets on then flattens out at complete 0v then when i crank i get battery voltage again
This is correct, I thought we had 0V at ignition on

Both plugs had voltage but it happened once on the second plug facing the windshield side, i cranked i got battery voltage then dropped to 0v while cranking, the second time i cranked it stayed at battery voltage

Both plugs had voltage but it happened once on the second plug facing the windshield side, i cranked i got battery voltage then dropped to 0v while cranking, the second time i cranked it stayed at battery voltage
We need this reliable

During cranking we should have a rpm signal and battery voltage going to the coils

Plug them back in and back probe the one that dropped to 0V red and brown wire, let's see what happens to the voltage when it's under load

Can you please explain to me how am i getting 12v positive and negative on the same wire??????

The brown and red of the rear plug is giving me positive when i open the ignition and when i take the battery positive and check, i am getting a stable 12v negative even with ignition on but 0 during the 2 second after opening the ignition

What i mean is this normal? Fiat sends negative instead of positive when not in use?

And yes i checked the voltage under load it's the same battery voltage on the one that made a dip

Can you confirm what's happening again please

I have gotten a little lost

Meter on rear plug red and brown, and battery negative

At ignition on
After 2 seconds
While cranking
Ignition off

Ok so ignition off: 0v
Ignition on: battery voltage for 2-3 seconds
Cranking: battery voltage but weakened to 10v
Then ignition off: back to 0v
On both brown/red pins plugged in the coils while measuring from the negative battery terminal

Seems normal to me so the issue is probably with the other wire how to test it and how does it run as a system? Directly from the negative? Or ground?

Correct is normal

The other cable is controlled by the ECU

Using the RPM signal it times when to complete the circuit and open it again

Because it pulsed it's hard to get a reading with a multimeter

Alright gonna check it when i have someone to fill in but now thinking about it shouldn't it show on the scan tool?

I out for a few hours now

Trying to think what we can use, I have never tried with a multimeter

I know a LED test light will work, has to LED it should bink

And inconcesent bulb does not work at all, tried and it fails

Back