Technical mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade.

Currently reading:
Technical mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade.

Recently I was given a new improved linkage kit to test,
It was an easy fit, but a bit of a bugger to set up and get wipers to park right, but now its done I have much better wipers, before they were very juddery.

As you can see by the photos the new kit is much better quality than the standard.

Old kit is just rubber joints, :(

1407old_1.JPG

1407old_2.JPG

New kit is a much better metal ball type joint, J

1407new_1.JPG

1407new_2.JPG

1407new_3.JPG

The RRP is £89.49 +p+p but to Fiat Forum members its a discounted price of only £65 carriage free

If you are interested either contact them via email [email protected], check their website www.wipex.co.uk or call during office hours at Wipex on
T: (+44) 01684 310028

edit: the kit also has a new set of top quality wipers included in the price

there is now another cheaper way around this, Wipex have designed a new snap on Pushrod set that replaces the plastic bearing socket which has given so many people so much trouble on the original Fiat wiper linkage. This high quality new design is a much cheaper option and now allows you to replace your linkage without costing an arm & a leg! Wipex are now offering the new snap-on replacement set for 27.60 + 2.60 p+p So total inc VAT is : 30.20
008.JPG

Last edited:
there is now another cheaper way around this, Wipex have designed a new snap on Pushrod set that replaces the plastic bearing socket which has given so many people so much trouble on the original Fiat wiper linkage. This high quality new design is a much cheaper option and now allows you to replace your linkage without costing an arm & a leg! Wipex are now offering the new snap-on replacement set for 27.60 + 2.60 p+p So total inc VAT is : 30.20
008.JPG

Re: mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade. from £30.20

I need a new linkage etc is completely knackered :cry: whole thing wobbles and shaked and the the wiper blades get caught up together and the links pop of the ball joints. I might try and get it under warranty which I have until 31 Mar 08 I think :devil:. But I won't hold my breath....

Have many people fitted either of these? If so, how well do they work and how reliably do they hold?

Cheers

Scoobs

It's excellent. Far better than the original.

The phone number on that post is wrong. It should be 01684 569733.

Last edited:

old thread i know.

i think its time i fixed my wipers lol basically all i need is this bit

so do i need the £30 package?

Try a breakers but chances are they are gone already as its a very popular part. If its all ready off the car they will only let you buy the complete part including motor :bang: got mine for £27 in my local breakers.

Just fitted these today to my wife's Punto. Only ordered them yesterday from Wipex on ebay. Put "push rod set fiat punto 2" into ebay search

I found it easier to take the motor and linkage out to get to the old rods, and ensure the new ones pushed into place firmly. 30 minute job, and now a much smoother wipe. One of the original linkage rods had dropped off. Thanks for the helpful post.

Just fitted these today to my wife's Punto. Only ordered them yesterday from Wipex on ebay. Put "push rod set fiat punto 2" into ebay search

I found it easier to take the motor and linkage out to get to the old rods, and ensure the new ones pushed into place firmly. 30 minute job, and now a much smoother wipe. One of the original linkage rods had dropped off. Thanks for the helpful post.

ur a legend make thanks. thats much easier for me to order(y)

ok, well today, my sisters mk2 puntos window wipers came unclipped off the joints and dont clip on very well again and fall off again.

as well my sisters mates mk2 punto did the same! same bloody day :confused:

anyway, best way of repairing it? both owners are 'tight' lol

now im thinking, drill through the middle of the joint, put a bolt through it, clip on the linkage, put on a washer, then put on a nut loosely, and put on another nut and lock them together.

think this will work?

yeah my dad was making plans to drill the wipers and i stopped him.

Just buy the linkage or live with one wiper(y)

EDIT: whilst we are on about wipers mine are crap (i think its the wiper blades) they make annoying noises judder (i have seen the guide and will give that a go one day).

but what wipers do people recommend?

Last edited:

EDIT: whilst we are on about wipers mine are crap (i think its the wiper blades) they make annoying noises judder (i have seen the guide and will give that a go one day).

Bosch Aero (the ones with the build in blade spoiler). Very smooth :yum: :)

didnt you get new set of wipers with the linkage?

Hi All,

I look after a couple of Mk 2 Puntos, linkages arnt too bad, spindles/housing are REALLY!! loose and floppy.
Dose anyone supply spindles?

Hav'nt been in for while, still GREAT site.

THANKS

jiohnnyp

Back