General Your Best Average MPG On a Run 0.9 Twinair Turbo

Currently reading:
General Your Best Average MPG On a Run 0.9 Twinair Turbo

It's so long since a did a journey of more than 10 miles that I've quite forgotten how bloody awful the TA's fuel consumption is.

Edit - anticipating all the replies saying how much better others' fuel consumption is, I should have said "how bloody awful my TA's fuel consumption is" :(

My 2017 Ta was simply the worst economy of any car since my Renault 16TX many years back. On that you could actually see the gauge going down when driven at full tilt. I have found that different examples of the same car are very different over many models and makes. If you get a good one hang on to it. I think I let rip just about everywhere about Fiats patent dishonesty on that. The revised MPG on the new car is about what you can expect driven with just a little car.

My 2017 Ta was simply the worst economy of any car since my Renault 16TX many years back. On that you could actually see the gauge going down when driven at full tilt. I have found that different examples of the same car are very different over many models and makes. If you get a good one hang on to it. I think I let rip just about everywhere about Fiats patent dishonesty on that. The revised MPG on the new car is about what you can expect driven with just a little car.

Yep, though I’m happy not to be filling the Subaru anymore, the 2013 4x4 TA is returning an indicated average on A&B roads of 41.5 mpg, though I say it myself I’m pretty good at economy driving without being stupidly anal about it.

Had the Twin-air 4x4 6 years now, from new. Around town 30-32 mpg. Went Bradford to Hull and back last year and got 49 mpg. At 1k miles went to Newcastle and back, 4 up with luggage and got 40 mpg. Car now at 19500 miles.

Had the Twin-air 4x4 6 years now, from new. Around town 30-32 mpg. Went Bradford to Hull and back last year and got 49 mpg. At 1k miles went to Newcastle and back, 4 up with luggage and got 40 mpg. Car now at 19500 miles.

Had the Twin-air 6 years now from new. Used as a city car general commuter, annual millage about 3.5k. Day to day about 30 -32 mpg. When new 1k miles went to Newcastle and back 4 adults and luggage and got 40 mpg (200ish mile round trip). Last year trip to Hull 1 up with 10 miles rush hour traffic 49 mpg. Car now on 19500 miles.

Had the Twin-air 6 years now from new. Used as a city car general commuter, annual millage about 3.5k. Day to day about 30 -32 mpg. When new 1k miles went to Newcastle and back 4 adults and luggage and got 40 mpg (200ish mile round trip). Last year trip to Hull 1 up with 10 miles rush hour traffic 49 mpg. Car now on 19500 miles.

I guess you were really happy about the last post seeing as it's but posted 5-6 times ? haha

Why is this page (and its the only one that does it) repeatedly jump and not allow me to scroll down to the bottom?

Is there a glitch here?

Is that why there is a "multiple post" that has embedded itself?

Just to add to the empirical data here;

Average over 50,431 miles always brim-to-brim = 41.09 mpg

I like how easy mobile Apps make this sort of nerdy stats gathering process these days (y)

Just to add some long-term accurate data;

Average continuous brim-to-brim over 50,431 miles is 41.09mpg

Just love mobile Apps that make this sort of thing so easy...

[Posted again as something went wrong previously and this might fix it...!]

EDIT - it did - this thread was in some continuously refreshing loop in the browser, but now it's stopped. Sorry if it did the same for anyone else.]

Last edited:
I thought I might resurrect this thread given the fuel availability problems in some parts of the UK.

I decided to see what my 2012 Twinair 4x4 could really do on my thrice weekly 90 odd mile commute.
My previous best had been around the 50mpg mark but imagine my surprise when with a little effort I managed to achieve the heady heights of an indicated 60mpg
Some **** traffic has seen it drop to 55mpg after day two but quietly quite pleased.

Spike

Attachments

• IMG20210928073502.jpg
    IMG20210928073502.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG20210928073517.jpg
    IMG20210928073517.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
That's good going!

Having found fuel on Monday, I drove back from Cambridge to home (NE Suffolk) like a sodding nun, with the ECO engaged (sob) and still only managed 47 mpg. Driving my wife's diesel Volvo from Leeds to Cambridge on Sunday, I got over 70mpg, so I don't think my heavy right foot is to blame.

An update at the end of my weekly commute. Didn't quite recover the initial 60mpg, rubbish traffic at the Dartford Crossing a couple of times didn't help but very happy with an average almost 10% better than my previous best.

Spike

Attachments

• IMG20210930155041.jpg
    IMG20210930155041.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG20210930155029.jpg
    IMG20210930155029.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Back