General Yet another darn problem!!

Currently reading:
General Yet another darn problem!!

Xplode

ARGH i think i am goin to go mad with the amount of problems this cinq is causing!

Took it to the AA to get a little service of it just to check everything, mainly to see what the airplane noise was!
got a phone call to say one of my wheel bearings has gone so it will cost me £105 to fix the soonest they can do it is thursday :mad:!!

has this happened to anybody else before?

cheers

Andy

Cinq Sporting//ICE-Sony M600R//10cm Kenwoods//6x9 Sony//JBL GT3-10''sub//JBL GTO2000 amp!!

right have had a quote froma garage near me that we normally go to they said £85 because u have to buy the hug as well and the bearings!
I need it done asap and my parents are paying so i will just get it done from there hopefully the parts might be there 2moro if not then the car shud be done for thursday!

cheers

Andy

Cinq Sporting//ICE-Sony M600R//10cm Kenwoods//6x9 Sony//JBL GT3-10''sub//JBL GTO2000 amp!!

Is it a rear one? - that's the one that comes with hub. Parts are £30, fit it yourself in an hour, all you need is a socket set.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

ummm i am no handy man at all with cars i am only good at braking things![8D]

Was lookin at this picture and the black slit airintakes at the front this cinq has 2:O i want where can i get abother black air intake surround??
dscf0002.jpg

cheers
Andy

Just been thinking, the main reason for bust rear wheel bearings on our cars is actually a dodgy handbrake, believe it or not. There's a little lever arrangement on either drum that the handbrake cable pulls on - the pivots on these regularly seize up (average 2 yrs each!!) and this causes the brakes to drag on, heating everything up.

Worth getting them checked out while the drums are off, the levers are only £8 each from Fiat.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc

oh cool cheers again mate u are one wiz on cinqs!

i have noticed the handbrake gettin weaker and weaker the last couple of weeks!

Andy

Yes definaetly check those leavers mine were seized up like a good un when i fixed my handbrake. It's got 2 b said the Cinq handbrake is F**king S**T and next 2 useless on hills after changing everything on mine i still leave it in gear when on hills as it creaks ;)

FIAT CinqueCento = Recycled Ferrari :D

You've probably glazed and buggered the shoes then. Change 'em, but don't use genuine Fiat as they are too hard and not much cop. Try Ferodos - I can lock the rear wheels at speed if the need should ever arise....;)

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc

whaooo fixed

after a week my poor baby was sittin at fiat not gettin anything done they kept puttin it off building up the city grime!

I soon got very annoyed with fiat and decided to get all the bits and go to ''MR Clutch'' to get it done same day!

But i now have a nice new clutch smooth gear transactions and the clutch is so much easier no stiff :D:D!! Come on the fun driving!

cheers

Andy

Back