Worst driven brand of car? and why?

Currently reading:
Worst driven brand of car? and why?

i own a fiat i stereotype anyone in a corsa as a chav, maybe i should stop, lol, the stereotype of vtr,s/vts.s and 106 gtis all drive like they have been twoced is still valid though, meganne drivers irritate me ive nearly been killed 3 times by them 1 when i was 11 wrote my dads xr2 anouther in my punto and anouther where one treid to run me over

had a go in a c3 vtr, no i'm not proud, but circumstances forced it on me. anyway, 3 up, all big chaps, and it could barely move, this is a car with a bigger engine than the panda, and it was pathetic, asthmatic as just about able to get up a hill! oh yeah, and built like an airfix model.......

the bmw that comes up behind you so fast on the motorway then brakes at last minute when he realises you cant move over as your overtaking :rolleyes:, and they dont like indicators either :p

then theres the 1.0 corsa that i see, with sri badges everywhere when its quite clear its not :D

I hate this BMW bashing thing everyone who doesnt own one does, I know there is alot of funny banter around and everyone can take a joke, but seriously, its time to stop thinking that only people who must drive everywhere like a nutter or guys with small penises drive BMWs to make up for it!! Come on, maybe men who drive tiny little cars like Pandas/106s/Corsas etc dont feel man enough to handle RWD and big power, or even small 316 power, its silly....

According to most people we must be the biggest dickheads in the world, we have a BMW 750i and a Porsche Boxster!! Also of course we have the Grande Punto, and a Volvo 240, so I dont really think anyone can be generalised because of their car, I must be a different type of person every day according to this....but no, I just like huuuuuuge torque and overtaking power in the BMW, top down motoring to a gorgeous soundtrack in the Porsche, zooming about like im in Turin traffic in the Punto, and moving big things and generally bashing stuff about in the Volvo.

PS, you are most likely to be annoyed by me on the road when im in the GPS, or if some other car is dawdling in the BMW lane on the motorway ;)

Not once have I been annoyed by a MILF in a 4x4 though, its always bloody pensioners, and usually in Rovers around here as it seems everyone used to work for BL!!

I vote for Ocado van (if you can call them that) drivers. Everytime i have seen one it has either cut me or somebody else up and swerves around on the road like the driver personally just finished a keg! I am sure there must be at least one decent ocado van driver out there but i am yet to see one.

As for the stereotypical banter, its only people opinions, you buy a car for your own reasons (some people may be influenced by current trends etc) but id say many people buy a car for one or more of the following reasons:

-They personally like the car (performance and aesthetics)
-Its practical (can fit the kids and the shopping in the back safely) (although i do detest the shiney 4x4s i have to admit)
-Because you need a car and its all you can afford at the time (me, until i can find a car i like and can afford :p)

I hate this BMW bashing thing everyone who doesnt own one does, ....
i dont hate people because what car they drive, i hate people who drive badly, and i dont hate BMW drivers, but i do hate people who drive arrogantly... and perhaps my meager 2 and a half driving isn't enough time to establish a rule for bad drivers, but heres how it works every morning on my way to work.
i'll be trying to pull on to the main road ( practically a standstill with traffic) i'll see a BMW driver, i'll look at him, hoping that just this once he'll simply lift his hand, give me a nod and let me infront. but no, it has not, and i dont think ever will happen, kunting middle managers in their 57 bmw/Audi Q7 company cars think they own the road. so i have a new tactic when it comes to people like this... my theory is:

My car is worth £700 max... his is worth 20... no, 30 grand.... if i was driving a 30 grand car i certainly wouldn't want some "hoodlum" in his yellow "skip waggon" ramming in to the side of me, so heres how it goes;
I stop at the junction and look directly at them, they have 5 seconds to initiate eye contact before i nudge forward no where near the car but enough that they would see me out of the corner of their eye and be forced by instinct to look at me, at which point a smile and an open hand gesture usually appeals to their conscience and they let me go.... if that doesn't happen , then they have another 5 seconds before i just keep on nudging, after I've nudged my way right in front of their car they then have 5 seconds to apologise before they get "the evil look" it's a system that works for me.... perhaps this makes me just as bad as them, but unfortunately kids your parents lied to you when you were a kid, you CAN fight fire with fire... and unfortunatly it means that people are going to end up 4 seconds later for work. :rolleyes:

My car is worth £700 max... his is worth 20... no, 30 grand.... if i was driving a 30 grand car i certainly wouldn't want some "hoodlum" in his yellow "skip waggon" ramming in to the side of me, so heres how it goes;
... :rolleyes:

Sadly, not likely to succede.
Some years ago I used to earn a crust delivering mortar bins to building sites around London (A mortar bin is a large fibreglass tub which can hold approx 1 cu. metre of mortar) in readyness for the mixer to deliver the following day or so.
I drove an extremely old, tatty, rusty & beaten up Mazda pickup, loaded to the max with said bins.
Strangely, I used to think exactly as you do, my motor was worth £400 max.
You'd be amazed at the number of rollers, porsches & other expensive cars that used to cut me up on the streets around London.
In fact, over the course of the first 8 months, I had the complete bodywork of the pickup repaired free of charge simply because these rich idiots wanted my road.

But THE most fun I ever had involved a Fiesta full of chavs & the huge custom bumper & towbar on the back of my pickup.
The bumper was custom built out of God knows what but it stood out about 12" from the back & was about 12" deep. It also had a towball & other objects bolted on enabling me to tow numerous items.
The chavs spent ages on my tail, revving up, speeding up to me, pulling back etc - really determined to try to make me go faster (as they couldn't get past).
Now, when the pickup was full, the handbrake was designed to hold the wheels solid - so imagine the braking power of the handbrake when it was empty:D
Of course, the chavs never did see a brake light, just the front end of their car crumpling before their very eyes as I yanked the handbrake as they drove up to me:devil:

Oh I do sometimes miss those days.

But THE most fun I ever had involved a Fiesta full of chavs & the huge custom bumper & towbar on the back of my pickup.
The bumper was custom built out of God knows what but it stood out about 12" from the back & was about 12" deep. It also had a towball & other objects bolted on enabling me to tow numerous items.
The chavs spent ages on my tail, revving up, speeding up to me, pulling back etc - really determined to try to make me go faster (as they couldn't get past).
Now, when the pickup was full, the handbrake was designed to hold the wheels solid - so imagine the braking power of the handbrake when it was empty:D
Of course, the chavs never did see a brake light, just the front end of their car crumpling before their very eyes as I yanked the handbrake as they drove up to me:devil:

Oh I do sometimes miss those days.

i take it you got a nice new shiney tow bar as well as bodywork! bargain
and took out a ford fiasco at the same time! :slayer:

So how is it when I drive my Rover I'm not wearing a flat cap, not old, not doddery or slow. And if you have a look at the Rover forums neither are they, in fact their is some top totty on Rover.org! It seems unfortunate that the Fiat forums are a little bit elitist which is a shame as I thought moderators were here to stop that sort of thing.

you've got a rover man, just the way it is :p and also I think you need a sense of humour?

peugeot, half the ones I've seen since the one that killed the panda are driving like asses, ranges from sitting on your bumper, to pulling out in front of you, mainly the back bumper though, drives me mad! the worst culprits are usually that common blue colour, either the 307, 207, or 206

I hate this BMW bashing thing everyone who doesnt own one does, I know there is alot of funny banter around and everyone can take a joke, but seriously, its time to stop thinking that only people who must drive everywhere like a nutter or guys with small penises drive BMWs to make up for it!!

I have a BMW and bash myself for owning/ driving it :bang: Whatever car you own you will get stereotyped, might as well roll with it :D

In accordance with the question.....there isn't

An Idiot, doddery or Ignorant git is an Idiot, doddery or ignorant git no matter what they drive.

The Idiot, doddery or Ignorant git is also neither gender, race, age or type specific. Some are rich and have expensive cars some are poor and drive something worth £20.

When driving my 735 I was just as polite as when driving my £46 panda. You either have manners and are curteous or you don't.

Personally I therefore think the question is pointless and will only cause arguement between those who are opinionated and probably Idiots, doddery or Ignorant gits with no manners or thoughts for others....

I have owned BMW's, 4x4's, fords, fiats, toyotas and numerous others. I have to say that when i owned my bmw i was discourteous on the road and do you want to know why? It was because people seemed to treat me like a challenge, e.g. Tried to beat me off the lights, would rather block off a junction (even though they couldnt go any further) than let me out etc.
My advice to the many people who have this nasty streak is, try and drive with a bit more politeness around BMW's, Audis, etc and you might get the same treatment in return!
I do feel 4x4s are a problem nowadays as like pointed out earlier too many are used to take the kiddies to school, blocking roads at the busiest times of the day. (often only mommy and 1 child occupy the vehicle!)
This thing about "the white van man" i find absolutely crap! This vendetta was started by The Sun newspaper many moons ago but i think its a myth! It would be interesting just to see how many people on this forum have drove a van etc or drive one in their day to day vocation!
My pet hate car?............ J.C. Fcukin B's, now thats a bloody annoying thing to be stuck behind in rush hour traffic! They're supposed to pull over to let traffic past but how often do you see that happen?:bang:

worst car driven, a daihatsu fourtrak 2.8td, which was the 'company van' where i used to work. horrible horrible horrible, off boost, even in 2nd , it hadnt got enough oomph to pull itself along, there was nothing endearing about it at all, a totally spiteful vehicle

Dear me, thought this had died a while ago but its back...my original intention was a bit of banter and possibly debate, Not to say all (insert a brand of your choice here) drivers are C***s e.t.c. I deliberately kept my initial post quite open for that reason, people have opinions other people have them too, Its not a scientific measure its just a feeling you get after having driven for a while of who you expect to cut you up e.t.c.
Tbf worst driven car...anything with a taxi plate on it...

Back