Worst driven brand of car? and why?

Currently reading:
Worst driven brand of car? and why?

Have we forgotten about your average 1.1 saxo and 106 driven by a recently passed spotty 17 year old thinking that handbraking on a roundabout means your a drift legend! Seen many a car spun in this situation!

Don't forget the vauxhall corsa :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Any 0 - 5 year old BMW normally driven by males, especially 316/ 318 models. The bigger models are driven by people lacking in the trouser department :p

Correct, I feel I am lacking so am using my car to make up for lack of ***** - wonder if it's working :chin: :D

LOL ahh...tiny blonde women in huge 4x4s....its a deadly combo..
:bang: :bang:

Nissan Micra, driven by people of any age but usually red. Virtually every car forum has a thread about badly driven red Micra's!!
:bang: :bang:

faster4_tec's top 10 most hated cars/marques.

1) red nissan micra k11/12, need I say more

2) rovers, pick ANY ROVER, mg spinoff, rusting 200/25, flat cap driven 400/45. older rovers (pre 1980 are cool).

3) hondas', usually civic type in shape, and lacking in the engine department, also the CTR's are usually driven by chav's that have come into a bit of money, and can't handle them, even though their not exactly blinding.

4) flat cap drivers. don't matter WHAT car it is, the driver (male OR female OR those inbetween) is wearing a flatcap you know your gonna go mad stuck behind em.

5) vauxhals, we've had a few in the family, usally mid range stuff, and one 1988 gsi 16v astra, two/three opel branded kadetts, one a gsi coupe :worship: but EVERYTHING they have made since I've hated, corsa's (exp new one), novas, chavved up LED headlight washer vectras, MERVIVAS FOR GOD SAKE WHAT IS THE POINT IN THE THINGS!!!

6) japaneese 4x4's (exp landcruisers) all pretty much a waste of time, nad you know they will go like hell in a straight line, but roll over into a ditch on the corners :bang: , technically that would be offroading, but I beg to differ.

7) merc's, everything from 1980-2004, new S class/E tourer/C sedan/CLS are cool. but eveyrthing else is a pointless rusting waste of time, usually driven by some toff/ahole thinking thier car is better than yours, right up until it flips over into a ditch.

8) BMW's, not the high end stuff, but the other 99% of whats on the road is usually nasty, driven by gits thinking their car is better than yours, who then can't drive, and are beaten around a track by a rusting heap of a volvo estate. utterly pathetic, I suggest to these ppl a cockpump would be more costworthy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9) rep cars. don't matter what it is, you know their gonna drive like a twonk, and refuse to let you past by ANY means, however they'll still fill their pants when something unexpected happens, despite that manage to keep their phone conversation going :mad:

10) old men on motorbikes they can't handle.

Being new to this forum I cant really see the point of this post. It seems it's just an excuse to be elitist but really it's a bit sad as were all different and cant all be the superior motorists that some people here seem to think they are. I was cut-up by a grinning idiot in a grande punto on saturday, does that make all grande punto drivers grinning idiots?

no, but when you are held up by a significant number of that car/marque being driven by the same 'type' of people, and these people regulary not only hold you up and do daft things but actually come close to taking life on the roads, you get pretty pished off and feel the need to mention them never mind 'branding' them.

yes you get bad drivers/inconsiderate drivers in ANY car, but when the vast majority stick to one car/marque it makes it easier to point them out.

I don't have a problem with the majority of vDUB drivers, not sure why, but they never seem to annoy me, I can't even recall of a vDub incident, atall, nor mk1 ford focui, pickup trucks, lexarse,daihatsu's...

So how is it when I drive my Rover I'm not wearing a flat cap, not old, not doddery or slow. And if you have a look at the Rover forums neither are they, in fact their is some top totty on Rover.org! It seems unfortunate that the Fiat forums are a little bit elitist which is a shame as I thought moderators were here to stop that sort of thing.

So how is it when I drive my Rover I'm not wearing a flat cap, not old, not doddery or slow. And if you have a look at the Rover forums neither are they, in fact their is some top totty on Rover.org! It seems unfortunate that the Fiat forums are a little bit elitist which is a shame as I thought moderators were here to stop that sort of thing.

It's just a bit of banter from our combined experiences. Don't take offence, I'm not (and considering my 'other' car has been 'slagged' more than any other on this thread, with the possible exception of evil red micras, I'd have every right to :p) :D

Being new to this forum I cant really see the point of this post. It seems it's just an excuse to be elitist but really it's a bit sad as were all different and cant all be the superior motorists that some people here seem to think they are. I was cut-up by a grinning idiot in a grande punto on saturday, does that make all grande punto drivers grinning idiots?

I fully understand your point about one badly driven model not meaning that all drivers of the GP (however misguided they may be :D) are bad drivers. However, if it's really that sad, then why waste your time commenting? You'll notice that this section is titled 'Leisure Lounge' and a great many of the threads here are rants of some description. For more worthwhile conversation, check out pretty much any other section of the forum. And I'm pretty sure that nobody here will appreciate being accused of being 'elitist', nor would they like being referred to as 'sad' very much either. Nuff said.

For me, any 4x4 driver, but in particular, any form of Land Rover or Range Rover. It's either them or motorbikes that seem to set out to try and cause an accident with their 'I'm faster than you, so I'll weave in and out' attitude for the bikes, or the 'I'm bigger and more importnant than you so I'll use my vehicle's size to bulldoze you out the way' attitude of 4x4 drivers. The only other annyoance for me is the '45Mph Heroes' as I call them. You know who I mean, the morons who drive EVERYWHERE at 45, whether it's a 30, 40, 50 or 60 limit. I truly believe they're the most dangerous of all.

Unless of course, by saying that, it makes me elitist or sad :confused:

I didn't actually say the people here were sad, but I believe that it is sad that people can pigeon hole other road users like that. To me as a new member it puts out the signal that the forum is elitist for want of a better word, and not an overly friendly place. Just my two cents.

Since the invention of the mass produced motor car there has been stereotyping going on. That's life, and as Helz mentioned all that is going on is a little bit of light banter between members regarding stereotypical cars. This is nothing different to the photocopied "BMW Drivers" jokes that do the rounds in workplaces except here it is on an internet forum.

It is also worth bearing in mind that with cars still having phallic/ social status as well as being 'in' or 'out' of favour, the sheep of society wanting to keep up with the Jones' will always jump onto the latest bandwagon. As a result the people who generally DON'T have a passion for cars tend to drive whatever is the latest in vogue vehicle, which for example is why hubby buys wifey some monstrous 4x4 just to drive a couple of kids to and from school. As a result the car gets labelled as a 'school run mum' car and attains a bad reputation for the way it is driven. :rolleyes:

You'll find that this forum is one of the friendliest places around once you get to know people/ come to events. Yes we're all biased towards Fiats/ Italian cars but that's why it's called the FIAT forum ;) We have a passion for Fiats that many of us never found in other makes, but if that makes us elitist in your eyes then sorry. When cars rule your heart that's the way it is and is what makes us love Fiats. :)

Back