General Winter Wheels

Currently reading:
General Winter Wheels

Put the winter wheels on nice and early whilst I could be bothered to change them over.

Car looks quite sad to have these on it now haha

Can't stand my car with these wheels lol

Going to get the alloys refurbed and a change of colour for when I put them back on and hoping to get some team heko wind deflectors for after Christmas , need some small and cheap ideas ? No chance of slamming it because I always have a car full of people.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 112
:yeahthat:

What tyres you running?

I've been running 195 winters (as opposed to 175's that the 1.2 usually had,) and I've never looked back, went through some country roads the other night, parked up in a carpark, got out and nearly face planted the floor it was that slippy, never even noticed with the winters on ;)

Life savers they are :D

I've been running 195 winters (as opposed to 175's that the 1.2 usually had,) and I've never looked back, went through some country roads the other night, parked up in a carpark, got out and nearly face planted the floor it was that slippy, never even noticed with the winters on ;)

Life savers they are :D

No, what tyre, not the size lol.

Jakejones93 what alloys have you got on, as they look the bizz. I would not mind having a set my self.

Can anyone tell me what other types of second hand alloy's will fit a 06-1.2.

Ta K

really,
I was just going on the basis that after having wider tyres the car handles a lot better and feels more 'grippy' to the road.
It's helped a lot in the ice but maybe the simple fact I have 'new tyres' was the main benefit I was feeling.
Suppose I have no word for them in the snow though, wouldn't know what to expect

narrow wheels concentrate the pressure / the cars weight pushing/ cutting the tread deeper into the snow / slush finding grip rather than floating on the surface .. Did you get winter tyres or just new tyres?

To be honest nothing will be good on ice bar studded winter tyres which are illegal in this country Winter tyres are better but not spectacular on black ice

(well not illegal but if you run them on clear roads they are snow chains are the same but they are easier to remove when you hit a main road which is clear )

Back