Technical Window Seal Rubber Falling

Currently reading:
Technical Window Seal Rubber Falling

What kind of adhesive can I use to stop the rubber seal around the metal frame of the doors window cut out from falling down and getting trapped between the edge of the glass and the side of the windows?

This happened my grandmothers 15 Pop which she got from new. Interesting that my 17 made Panda still had this issue and the factory had not decided to fix it with a reinforcement or something.

I know she took it to the dealer who simply pushed it back into position. I tried this and it keeps falling.

Some 3M adhesive should do the trick. But which grade?

Donnelly & Taggart is our only local dealer and appalling after sale so sorting it out with your help seems the way to go, even with a few months left of warranty.

What kind of adhesive can I use to stop the rubber seal around the metal frame of the doors window cut out from falling down and getting trapped between the edge of the glass and the side of the windows?

This happened my grandmothers 15 Pop which she got from new. Interesting that my 17 made Panda still had this issue and the factory had not decided to fix it with a reinforcement or something.

I know she took it to the dealer who simply pushed it back into position. I tried this and it keeps falling.

Some 3M adhesive should do the trick. But which grade?

Donnelly & Taggart is our only local dealer and appalling after sale so sorting it out with your help seems the way to go, even with a few months left of warranty.

You have an image? I'm struggling to picture this - inside or outside.

You have an image? I'm struggling to picture this - inside or outside.

It’s on the outside, I must take a picture. If the car was locked and you were standing beside it, it’s the only rubber you’d be able to see around the drivers door side window. That’s what’s getting trapped. It’s not clinging around the metal as it should, and it falling down.

It’s on the outside, I must take a picture. If the car was locked and you were standing beside it, it’s the only rubber you’d be able to see around the drivers door side window. That’s what’s getting trapped. It’s not clinging around the metal as it should, and it falling down.

I should bite the bullet and just replace it they are not a huge price.

Last edited:
given that a new rubber is about £70... (part 1 here https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog...51870/ZFA31200003210975/0/0/0/front-door-trim)

Maybe:
lower the window
Remove the rubber trim (only the upper part - not all the way round)
Thoroughly clean the metal channel in the door
Put small blobs of clear silicone sealant into the metal channel
Push the rubber back and close the window
Leave for a couple of hours
Sorted...

Last edited:
given that a new rubber is about £70... (part 1 here https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog...51870/ZFA31200003210975/0/0/0/front-door-trim)

Maybe:
lower the window
Remove the rubber trim (only the upper part - not all the way round)
Thoroughly clean the metal channel in the door
Put small blobs of clear silicone sealant into the metal channel
Push the rubber back and close the window
Leave for a couple of hours
Sorted...

Thanks, I’ll give that a go tonight!

Back