Technical Gearbox oil seal -are we being ripped off?

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox oil seal -are we being ripped off?

Quality of the video looked fine to me, not sure where the unprofessional part was.
As above, I'd hope they could tell engine oil from gearbox oil as I'd hate to have the gearbox repaired and find out it was the crank seal.

Last edited:
I am but my Tame independent is in Rowlands Gill which is quite a hike from Newcastle if anything closer to County Durham.
Rowlands Gill is close to Newcastle, which is where she is. Do you have a link to where you go please, for future use if not this time?
Thanks

Rowlands Gill is close to Newcastle, which is where she is. Do you have a link to where you go please, for future use if not this time?
Thanks
Me and and my dad have used these for years.

They are not cheap, but at the same time cars tend to go in broken and come out fixed and don't find 5 additional jobs, they done some horrors of jobs for me..eg. they ripped the entire interior out of a Mazda because the heater fan had failed and put it back and everything still worked after.

Last edited:
Me and and my dad have used these for years.

They are not cheap, but at the same time cars tend to go in broken and come out fixed and don't find 5 additional jobs, they done some horrors of jobs for me..eg. they ripped the entire interior out of a Mazda because the heater fan had failed and put it back and everything still worked after.

That’s brilliant, many thanks!
Personal recommendation is hard to beat and exactly what we’re looking for.
Appreciate it. 👍

Only thing is although of your car is off the road they'll try and slot a regular in...they are in general working a month or so out as they are usually in demand so there's a queue.

Seems to be the way just now, i know a few people waiting to get their car fixed and been told 4-8 weeks to get a in.
Probably the mad prices meaning people need to repair than just get another second hand car.

Wow, booking a month in advance, they must be good! Cheers
There are plenty of places where you have to book a month in advance that are no good at all.

Seems to be the way just now, i know a few people waiting to get their car fixed and been told 4-8 weeks to get a in.
Probably the mad prices meaning people need to repair than just get another second hand car.

Just now I'd be wary of any tradesman who says they can start tomorrow.

I’m just back from a couple of days in Keswick and there’s a Fiat garage right in the centre opposite Wainwright’s pub, looked pretty good too and busy, I was thinking I might book a full service with them when it’s due and take a short break at the same time.

Keswick is pretty close to Newcastle OP well maybe not close close but it’s not too far away if you’re struggling to find a garage.

Back