General Wife wants a 500

Currently reading:
General Wife wants a 500

Yes, my order went quiet for a few weeks - I was quoted 6-8 weeks.I gave the salesman a call after 6, and he confirmed that it was built and on its way. He called me a week or so later with the reg. no. and arranged a collection day. I got it after exactly 8 weeks.
Like the sound of your choice - I've also got a TA lounge, but mine's BNW (I know, common but I like it) with red/ivory ambience interior and 16" multispoke wheels. Still chuffed to bits after 14 months and 12500 miles, nothing gone wrong or broken off!

Thanks guys, I guess I'll give it a couple more weeks, then give them a ring if they don't contact me first.
Good to hear you've had no problem's Trev, I've read a few threads were people have had problems as soon as they've drove off the forecourt!
If we had gone for the Twinair Plus as we were planning we would have gone for the BNW too with a black roof, but when we went to the showroom the wife fell in love with an electroclash grey soft-top that they had in the showroom!

I didn't hear anything for weeks either - I think it depends on the dealer / salesperson really. Some are much more customer focused and bother to keep people informed, even if it's just to say "no news yet". The young lad who sold me the car had no people skills whatsoever!
Still, no problems with the car either :)

[QUOTE when we went to the showroom the wife fell in love with an electroclash grey soft-top that they had in the showroom![/QUOTE]

Electroclash Grey looks really good my OH has this and is well pleased.

Bradford, just on the edge of Leeds but there's not even a dealership there!

I live in Leeds too and just ordered a 500 this past weekend. I found a deal on the internet with Stoneacre, and the nearest one of them to me was Doncaster (30 miles away). I was willing to travel that distance as the deal was really good. In the end it was even better, as when I got there to test drive a lounge I was told the deal had changed to be a bit more pricey, but becasue I had seen it at the lower prive they would give me one of their 'family voucher' discounts. So intead of the deposit being under a thousand it was now £2119. I am really happy with their service and can not wait to get my new car. Just a wait of 8-10 weeks, maybe less :)

I live in Leeds too and just ordered a 500 this past weekend. I found a deal on the internet with Stoneacre, and the nearest one of them to me was Doncaster (30 miles away). I was willing to travel that distance as the deal was really good. In the end it was even better, as when I got there to test drive a lounge I was told the deal had changed to be a bit more pricey, but becasue I had seen it at the lower prive they would give me one of their 'family voucher' discounts. So intead of the deposit being under a thousand it was now £2119. I am really happy with their service and can not wait to get my new car. Just a wait of 8-10 weeks, maybe less :)

Which part of Leeds K93?
We rang the dealer early last week and our is on it's way, he wouldn't give me a definite answer but said we may have it by next week.
Apart from the first couple of weeks, the time has flown by.
The only thing stopping me from travelling far to another dealer was the fact that if there's any problem's I'd have to drive all the way there to sort them out! For example, about a month after buying our Audi it went into "limp mode" and would only let me drive very very slow, so all I had to do was roll down the hill to the Audi dealership and leave it with them.

Which part of Leeds K93?
We rang the dealer early last week and our is on it's way, he wouldn't give me a definite answer but said we may have it by next week.
The only thing stopping me from travelling far to another dealer was the fact that if there's any problem's I'd have to drive all the way there to sort them out! For example, about a month after buying our Audi it went into "limp mode" and would only let me drive very very slow, so all I had to do was roll down the hill to the Audi dealership and leave it with them.
You can take a 500 to any dealership under warranty. The warranty is with Fiat, not the dealership.

You can take a 500 to any dealership under warranty. The warranty is with Fiat, not the dealership.

Does that include the 3rd year - the dealer bit ?
Or in the case of the current 5 year on some pre-registered models over here I got the impression that the 4th & 5th involved going back to the dealer where you bought the car from.

that's with a 3rd party warranty company afaik? The third year bit I mean :)

This is the small print on the now discountinued 5 year warranty with Fiat over here. The 4th & 5th year is with Fiat so if the garage where you bought the car from goes out of business your still have 'limited cover'.

I have managed to get Fiat to cover shocks on the 3rd year with a different garage from where the car was bought but couldn't repeat it the 2nd time last year when things tightened up.

Which part of Leeds K93?

About 20 minutes out of the city centre in a little village. I went to piccadilly motors in Wakefield at first to look at a pop but I found them very pushy and so just stopped dealing with them. The first two weeks have flown by and my cars at code 16, so hopefully the rest of the time will fly by too :)

Back