General Retrofit a Fiat 500 radio?

Currently reading:
General Retrofit a Fiat 500 radio?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

jbn

Greetings! My first post as we are about to own a 2011 Fiat 500 - joy!

For reasons that are entirely clear to me, the previous owner exchanged the original CD/Radio for a standard 1 DIN blanking plate and an ugly standard car radio with DAB, Bluetooth streaming and goodness knows what else. I want to accomplish one of two things:

Either: find a cream coloured unit to swap out, ideally with Bluetooth streaming, CD, DAB+ but so far they are all black, black or black with ugly lighting
Or: refit an original unit - I see a few on eBay and elsewhere - and add Bluetooth BUT without losing the CD connector that appears to be the preferred or only option.

Does this original model have an AUX input? If yes then I source an original replacement and job done. Somehow I suspect it might not be that easy.

YES! I could wait until we receive the car, but I'm impatient! All advice gratefully received, many thanks.

Thanks for the replies.

@A3jeroen do you have any links please? My search on Aliexpress and elsewhere was fruitless unless I wanted a full size screen unit that replaces the original air vents.

@John202020 thanks but I definitely do not want to modify the original fittings.

Meanwhile here is a picture of the current set up that I want to make more"original".

IMG_1608.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

@A3jeroen do you have any links please? My search on Aliexpress and elsewhere was fruitless unless I wanted a full size screen unit that replaces the original air vents.

@John202020 thanks but I definitely do not want to modify the original fittings.

Meanwhile here is a picture of the current set up that I want to make more"original".

View attachment 438145
Yes I see your point! Although I have to say in my own opinion… the original 500 head units although cute looking just don’t cut it in 2024 the technology is redundant and now just basic … that head unit would definitely benefit from a black surround being black itself…. But if it’s cream you want then it’s either an aftermarket unit or the basic original…. I opted for a touch screen with car play DAB ect

Attachments

• IMG_4406.jpeg
    IMG_4406.jpeg
    883.9 KB · Views: 33
Yes I see your point! Although I have to say in my own opinion… the original 500 head units although cute looking just don’t cut it in 2024 the technology is redundant and now just basic … that head unit would definitely benefit from a black surround being black itself…. But if it’s cream you want then it’s either an aftermarket unit or the basic original…. I opted for a touch screen with car play DAB ect
Love a Gucci 500.. 👌

AFAIK the ones on Ali let you still use the vents. Screens can tumble forward to direct the vents and then slot back.
Look on the YouTube channel from Paul (Typecastboy) Love500.

gr J
Agreed, they do. But this is not final visual effect with a big screen that is wanted.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back