Attachments

• 2005 03 09 Owch 1.JPG
    2005 03 09 Owch 1.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2005 03 09 Owch 2.JPG
    2005 03 09 Owch 2.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Raised flower beds in gym car park (flamin things) caught arch getting into parking space - needless to say I did not go circuit training (n) I bloomin checked my mirrors too and thought I'd cleared it - kinda forgot arches stuck out a bit more than rear quarter!!!!! durrr :mad:

Doesn't look too bad Em

An afternoon with a pot of filler and an aerosol would sort it but not to 'original' standard so a decent bodyshop should be able to sort for around £120. Not worth an insurance claim.

Or as discussed you could fit some Lester wide arches which cost about £80 but this would be more expensive - budget about £200 fitted and painted to match

dave said:
:eek: shouldnt cost too much shop around for cheepest quote, if you cant do it yourself.

btw please never try parking next to my car :)
Cheeky - I didn't hit a car - hitting walls is ok - they don't claim on their insurance ;) and neither am I! The first time I've ever hurt my car since I got it - am not a happy bunny

RobW said:
Doesn't look too bad Em

An afternoon with a pot of filler and an aerosol would sort it but not to 'original' standard so a decent bodyshop should be able to sort for around £120. Not worth an insurance claim.

Or as discussed you could fit some Lester wide arches which cost about £80 but this would be more expensive - budget about £200 fitted and painted to match
I'll see what kinda quotes I can get first then consider wide arch - I've always wanted it anyway so now may be the ideal opportunity to just go for it. I've decided also to get any pending rusty bits sorted, rear bumper brakets replaced (I've had em for ages so may as well get em fitted), hole next to my lock where that was done filled in and the dent in my front door strut where I was attacked sorted out too - will prob cos me more than car is worth but who gives a flying flip - I love my cento me :eek:

D4NS said:
Thats a bit of a downer. Looks like you hadnt noticed and kept going too, or do you just drive fast? I did that with my first car, reversed it into a space and put a huge dent in the side thanks to one of those little metal posts. Hope you get it sorted cheap and fast. (y)
O I noticed alright - wasn't going too fast but fast enough for it to be too late (aboout 0.25 mph lol). To be honest when I first heard the noise I didn't realise it was coming from my car and had stereo on pretty loud then felt judder then I knew but it was too late. I've managed just by about a cm not to get the bumper which I'm pleased about.

It'll all come out in the wash along with the credit card bill :bang:

i reversed into one of them pointless walls, managed to scratch bumper and rip bumper of its bolts :eek: - it was a good excuse to smooth rear bumper :D

hope you get it sorted em (y)

gaz_wrexham said:
i reversed into one of them pointless walls, managed to scratch bumper and rip bumper of its bolts :eek: - it was a good excuse to smooth rear bumper :D

hope you get it sorted em (y)
I'm sure they just put them there to be annoying - they serve no useful purpose apart from being 'decorative' - I just think they're down right dangerous

Back