Why do you drive a Fiat?

Currently reading:
Why do you drive a Fiat?

Had a Punto HGT. 1.8ie multipoint injection, naturally aspirated. Pretty/very rapid. Great non turbo low end torque. No surprises or flat spots. Handled exceptionally well. So people criticised it for the "girly" button for the steering :)

Having driven VW diesels for 22 years and with both our sons now having their own cars my wife decided that she didn't need a car as big as her Tiguan any longer. She basically decided "I'm buying a 500". All attempts by me to convince her to buy anything else were ignored and she bought a 2019 1.2 S in lovely Rosso red. She's very happy with it, it looks nice, cheap to run and does everything she needs of a car currently.

Mrs J, who has back problems, has always said she's not yet found a car which is easier for her to get in and out off. - talking about our Pandas of course.

There's also the fact that it's not the sort of car which "wide boys" find attractive to steal or to joy ride about in. Ideal also, with it's neat dimensions, for supermarket car parks and, although we like to keep her looking as smart as possible, we wouldn't be absolutely prostrate with grief if some idiot opens a door against her.
Dont try a Panda 4x4 then or you will be spending again.

No, they really are good, better on and off road than a comparable Landy…
I kniow they have a good reputation and I bet they are tough. I looked at buying a brand new one in 2019 instead of my Panda but decided parts might prove problematic and didnt want to support Puke-tins regime. It wasnt cheap then either.

I kniow they have a good reputation and I bet they are tough. I looked at buying a brand new one in 2019 instead of my Panda but decided parts might prove problematic and didnt want to support Puke-tins regime. It wasnt cheap then either.
No, the later ones have been ruined and, the guy that was importing them has jacked it in due to the afterservice availability. Older decent ones are getting rarer

Back