“thank you Fiat” - one NCAP don’t want you to read

Currently reading:
“thank you Fiat” - one NCAP don’t want you to read

Because idiots who buy the latest Audi’s NEED 1,000,000 lumens to blind the peasants! (It helps them forget they’re driving a VW) 🤣🤣🤣

Though to be honest.. those Kia Sportages are the worse offenders in my area
With modern DRLs about 1 in 5 vehicles haven't got their headlights on, even in the worst conditions.

With modern DRLs about 1 in 5 vehicles haven't got their headlights on, even in the worst conditions.
I’ve seen that a lot! Then you flash them, they still don’t realise and stare you out at every junction!

I’m not too sure if daytime running lights make much sense without an equivalent rear daytime running light

I’ve seen that a lot! Then you flash them, they still don’t realise and stare you out at every junction!

I’m not too sure if daytime running lights make much sense without an equivalent rear daytime running light
If 20% of drivers are too stupid to switch their headlights on, then..........(insert own punchline!)

It used to be rear fog lights left on, but they're extinct these days it seems

I had a comment from someone that they love their Sat Nav with Road View as they can press on faster becuase they can see/judge what is coming next ahead of them!

Having made these comments in the past..it's a tool like all tools it's how you use it.

If you assume that because it's looks like a minor corner it's perfectly cambered and you're guaranteed not to see a tractor round it then you're an idiot.

However if it warns you in 4 corners the previously open and well sighted road you've been running has a 270 degree corner in it then that's information you've got before your eyes can tell you it. In many cases local authorities seem to have given up on maintaining road markings for this sort of thing so any advance warning is always welcome. There's plenty of places in south Yorkshire for example where these things are entirely unmarked not even a "slow" on the road nevermind Chevron signs.

Obviously what you don't do is stare into the sat nav like it's crystal ball...you occasionally take a glance on a straight bit to see what's coming up in the next half mile or so and if there's anything that might require special attention eg. You can see cross roads before time as well.

I do rather like sat nav is it frees the brain to read the road ahead if you're using it right..i.e. it points you in the correct direction (usually) but you're driving the road ahead of you and if it says turn left at no left turn or sends you somewhere stupid engage brain and let it recalculate.

Back