Technical why cant i connect laptop to ecu???

Currently reading:
Technical why cant i connect laptop to ecu???

im using the 2.6.1 version i still reckon its the cable or maybe the drivers i dont no iv followed the links to the drivers but im not sure if i'v done it right, could do wi some one local to have a look cause everything i seem to try latley fails lol

I have 2.6.1 and it works fine with my vag com

if you go into settings and tick show available ports is there any ports listed under the serial port drop down

where are you

just got a cable to connect laptop to my ecu for diagnostics , downloaded the fiatecuscan software an cannot connect to it just get a no responce from ecu message any1 got any idea whats goin on
are you using windows 7, as i was told it does not work on windows7

im in rotherham mate an yer there is a port com3 on mine ,, iv had some one else have a go today with a good machine and even that wouldnt communicate with the ecu so i dont no whats wrong he said hes nevwer had trouble before with it but he said its a couple of years old now so not sure weather or not it was compatable for fiat

just read this off the fiatecuscan forum

"Go to Settings. There is a new setting below interface selection - KWP 2000 Timings. It is available for KKL interfaces only and has 4 options - Default, Optimal, Fast, Slow. Change this setting and try to connect again.

This setting is new in version 2.6 / 2.6.1 and it is related to the optimization of communication speed with some ECUs. It is now possible to read parameters from most engine ECUs with up to 900 readings per minute. This functionality is available only with KKL/VagCom interfaces.
This function, however, is not supported on all ECUs. So, you have to experiment with the settings to see which works best. Also, some of the faster settings cannot work properly on slower laptops."

might be worth trying

Rotherham is abit far for me but there is probably someone close that would help

Back