who wants to complain about road tax now...

Currently reading:
who wants to complain about road tax now...

Thats if they get into power.

Its not actually a bad Idea though, If I could afford to Drive one of them crazy powered beasts are really wanted to drive one then Maybe I'd pay the tax to go along with it.

At least people who currently drive won't be penalised.

Seems like alot but if i could afford to be driving a BMW 7 series, Bentley Continental and Porsche Cayenne daily i probably wouldnt give a $hit

Trancendental said:
Thats if they get into power.

Its not actually a bad Idea though, If I could afford to Drive one of them crazy powered beasts are really wanted to drive one then Maybe I'd pay the tax to go along with it.

At least people who currently drive won't be penalised.

What about cars like the stilo abarth? i paid 11k for mine, hardly got the money to pay nearly 20% of its value in tax...

If they really want to tackle climate change then they should be focussing on industry and the US seeing as they're the 2 biggest contiributors to CO2 production, and Bush the complete w*nkstain wont sign the treaty to reduce emissions...:bang:

This is the environmentally friendly party who wants to do away with 10 or so nuclear power stations which make 25% of all our power, and replace them with what cleaner option??

Gas and oil and coal... Bring on global warming.

P.S. why don't all these environmentalists have solar panels and wind farms on their house? answer - they're expencive and unsightly and take decades to make back their money.

ask a nuclear power station owner 'where is your waste?' he'll say 'over there, section 3, row 5'
ask the same of a coal power station - 'erm *cough* *cough* it's *cough* all around us...' :D

hellcat your right with the nuclear thing, there has only been one catatrophhy using nuclear fuel in the UK and TBH it wasn't major, I've been living in cumbria 95% of my life and I turned out fine:p

seriously this country doesn't have the resources anymore to build new nuclear power stations, we lost that skill years ago as they all went abroad. So if we want to build a new one we'll have to employ foreigners, who may do a good job, but its not helping the UK appauling lack of job's problem is it:(

Basically I NEED TO BE IN POWER, as I know what the country wants and whats works, I also have usage of a car that when it was std and new was kicking out 312g/km of black crap, it now kicks out more like 350g/km:D :D

Was that the fire in the pile cap of Windscale 1?

I live about 7km direct line to the local power station... Thank god it's not a coal or oil or gas plant.. I know a few people within the industry who say the government has left if 10 years too late to decide. Expect brown-outs unless you are planning to get a diesel genny.

stilo's are a band F i think.

TBH, and I have said this before, I WOULD be ok with paying more in tax, IF they could PROVE to me that my money is being used (for example) for reasearch into alternative fuels or environmental issues, and we could see the change, i.e. a good alternative fuel, cheaper and cleaner. i would have no problem then (although £2000 is a bit steep thank god the lib dems are a bunch of crackpots)

yeah calder hall pile 2 has now been dismantled do the found's, and pile reduced to a smouldering lump of sealed concreate. enviromentalists keep kicking off about it being sealed up, they reckon it'll leak, but seeing the outline plans for it, TBH it would properly be the only thing remaining on the planet if aliens blasted the planet independance day style.

I can think of more dangerous things for the enviro's to worry about...

bush.jpg
http://www.2dtv.co.uk/picture/bush.jpg

Being of the younger generation I think nuclears the only way, even if the workforce has to be foreign, just kick out the raping and murdering illegals when they are found. The lib dems well, put it this way, they will never have my vote, I'd rather vote monster raving loony party over them!

Back