General Which key should I have?

Currently reading:
General Which key should I have?

sqaure key looks old now, and i was looking forward to having the new key :p
picture of the new key is found below (hopefully)

NewFiat500_key.jpg

they have changable covers too :D which i like the idea of :)

rang fiat uk this morning and told them basically, it should have the new key due to me having a supplement which superseeds the current key (which i have) plus i told her that my car was advertised with pads and discs on the rear in the brochere, and it aint got them, i told them they should be fitted to the car, if not then the car was sold to me under false advertising :( . she has logged the complaint, all i have do now is to wait for them to call me back :D

And they will tell you that if you look in the brochure it has a disclaimer saying stuff was right at the time of print but can change at any time without warning and theres nothing you can do ;)

And they will tell you that if you look in the brochure it has a disclaimer saying stuff was right at the time of print but can change at any time without warning and theres nothing you can do ;)

your right lol just got off the phone from fiat uk and they said that there was no mentioning of the key to my dealer when i picked it up ? and i did mention it :( they wont change the key unless the dealer puts a request in to fiat uk ??? they wont change the brakes at the back due to the disclaimer thingy lol but not to fussed bout the pads and disc. i just want a new style key lol :cry:

just got confirmation from my dealer that they are replacing the key FOC, I can also keep the other key as well, now there's service for you.(y)

just got confirmation from my dealer that they are replacing the key FOC, I can also keep the other key as well, now there's service for you.(y)

which dealer is this at matey ?? fiat uk rang me back this morning and told me that i had to speak to my dealer, will only be able speak to them tommorrow now. but another fiat dealer has told me that all grande s2 have the new key ??? im, kinda confused now :( my dealer told me 6 months ago when i picked it up that i couldnt have the new style key cos they would have to change the key ecu ?

just got off the phone from fiat uk and the fella i spoke to told me that i have to see my service manager tomorrow, and see what they say but the fiat uk guy actually agreed with me that my car is to have the new key fitted. the dealer in warrington told me that every s2 model they have got in stock and have ever in stock has got the key supplied.?? so i have to see what my dealer says tomorrow :D and see what they see.

Hoppppeefulllyyyy i will get the new key cos i have the new supplement :D

Tell them you have spoken to fiat uk about it and they are in agreement with you

Totally agree with Matt, that's what I told the dealer and they never even questioned it, they rang me today and said it was on order.

Totally agree with Matt, that's what I told the dealer and they never even questioned it, they rang me today and said it was on order.
well mine goes in tommorrow for a wiper switch so gonna mention it :) hopefully they will change my key but if not im gonna ring fiat uk gen
warrington motors, told me today every s2 thay have had has always had the new key .?? and they wont lie to me i know a few in there too :) will let you know tomoz :)

been to dealers today, and they spent hours on phone to fiat tech uk. they sed because my car is made before oct 2008 it has the old key and wont give them a option to get the new key via parts... if the car was made after october 08 its has the new key. but they said they still have loadss of gp's with the old key form :( they told me that when your dealer tries to order the key it will come as the one you have already ? so im not sure :( just left it

Last edited:
Just a quick update, got a call this morning off my dealer that a new style (exotica red) key is on its way, they also said I could keep the "old" key as a second spare so i'm well pleased. On the downside I have just discovered that the CD player is not an mp3 compatible one unlike the old one in my series 1, this means that I will now have to throw out all my discs and burn new one's, this in it's self seems a bit cheap skate from Fiat.

Back