General What's you're thoughts on buying a roof storage rack for the Cross?

Currently reading:
General What's you're thoughts on buying a roof storage rack for the Cross?

There's been a few threads, I know, but, as I've filled my Panda with the contents of the glovebox from the Mondeo... I need a little more room!

My only concerns really are any additional weight up above. The only kit really is a couple of bergens with stuff. Maybe a Jerry can... Maybe not.

Here's what I'm thinking of buying:
s-l1600.jpg

Good idea? / Bad idea? What's your thoughts?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
There's been a few threads, I know, but, as I've filled my Panda with the contents of the glovebox from the Mondeo... I need a little more room!

My only concerns really are any additional weight up above. The only kit really is a couple of bergens with stuff. Maybe a Jerry can... Maybe not.

Here's what I'm thinking of buying:
View attachment 407281

Good idea? / Bad idea? What's your thoughts?
Very good idea, but probably an economy disaster waiting to happen and VERY expensive. I keep looking. I have roof bars and sometimes find its extremely noisy with things on the roof. The Fiat roof bars do whistle. I suspect 5mpg penalty might be the downside. A ladder in the roof bars has at least this much affect on my mpg.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Very good idea, but probably an economy disaster waiting to happen and VERY expensive. I keep looking. I have roof bars and sometimes find its extremely noisy with things on the roof. The Fiat roof bars do whistle. I suspect 5mpg penalty might be the downside. A ladder in the roof bars has at least this much affect on my mpg.
The fuel economy offset is a good point. I'm not finding the Panda that great on fuel, to lose a few more mpg may make me cry a little right now!

Back