Tuning Polybushing a 312 - Experience/thoughts?

Currently reading:
Tuning Polybushing a 312 - Experience/thoughts?

Has anyone polybushed a 312, mine's a 4x4 but I guess it doesn't matter? Improved drive, or too firm/noisy?

Just wondering, no need yet, but when wishbones or bushes need changing I'd consider it. They also do ARB bushes and rear beam bushes too.

Bushes available can be found HERE

Has anyone polybushed a 312, mine's a 4x4 but I guess it doesn't matter? Improved drive, or too firm/noisy?

Just wondering, no need yet, but when wishbones or bushes need changing I'd consider it. They also do ARB bushes and rear beam bushes too.

I personally wouldn't bother, standard bushes would be good enough, just buy decent branded stuff & not cheap chinese knock offs, as they would be pretty much the same as what the car left the factory with after having £££'s spent on the design of the car by the manufacturer, I've had experience with polybushes on old Mini's & don't think they're all that, sometimes it can make things too stiff, some things are designed to have a very small amount of movement/give in them.

Well I'm not sure what a PU bush would bring to the party fitted to a relatively large travel suspension set up; probably just make things "uncomfortable"?

As by way of a p.s. quoting from the referenced website...

"The factory-fitted bushes on the Gen 3 312/319 (2012 – 2016) models are an area for particular attention as the natural rubber deteriorates, especially in the colder climes that the Panda can find itself in.

Featuring stainless steel sleeves to avoid corrosion and polyurethane unaffected by low temperatures and rough terrain, our new range of suspension bushes are the perfect replacement for your Panda irrespective of the environment that it’s used in.
"

But then they would say they...

Natural rubber (NR) does suffer from fatigue as do all materials but is probably one of the more durable elastomers in this respect (truck - lorry tyres, use NR over synthetic materials more often used in car tyres for this reason). With a glass transition temperature in the region of -70C (minus) then low temperature stiffening does not really figure noticeably in performance changes. Colder climates do come with road deicing, so yes the bonded sleeves may corrode - but by then you will have had to replace the suspension ball joints which will come along with the wishbone and new bushes. Just saying.

Back