Technical 2015 Panda Dualogic (312 2 cylinder) - occasional hesitation on starting

Currently reading:
Technical 2015 Panda Dualogic (312 2 cylinder) - occasional hesitation on starting

heliart

Hello all, I'm after a little bit of advice.
This Panda (Wife's car) is coming up to a year in my ownership. After the inital problems with the Dualogic clutch failure, it's actually be running well.
Now the weather is a little warmer I've noticed that occasionaly on starting the engine finds it difficult to reach a good idle (normally idle is around 1000RPM), but it will sit there at 500RPM and be unresponsive to the throttle. Once started I've never had any issues at all. Turing off and starting again often gets it going.
Any pointers where to start?
I don't have a scanner for this car, but might consider one if it could help with diags.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve

Legend has it the spark plugs have a hard time.. so if you have no idea of their time in service

Have a quick look at my GUIDE to changing them

The twinair uses Tech to get the fuel air ratio through the engine.. it is Very fuel efficient..but Complex

My euro 5 Runs perfectly.. carefully driven and maintained.. but if I load it poorly it can stumble and die.. been like this form purchase with 7 miles on clock

Our Euro6 isnt as strong.. and runs Differently.. but still acceptably

Tell us about your TA :)

Hi Steve

Legend has it the spark plugs have a hard time.. so if you have no idea of their time in service

Have a quick look at my GUIDE to changing them

The twinair uses Tech to get the fuel air ratio through the engine.. it is Very fuel efficient..but Complex

My euro 5 Runs perfectly.. carefully driven and maintained.. but if I load it poorly it can stumble and die.. been like this form purchase with 7 miles on clock

Our Euro6 isnt as strong.. and runs Differently.. but still acceptably

Tell us about your TA :)
Thanks for the reply.
I did change the plugs the week I purchased it, as the dealer was unclear when they had been changed, and they looked well used. I remember having to put together an extra long extension to reach them!
It was part of my pre-flight check, was also planning a full service again (even though it was stamped only a few months before hand), as I like to get to know the engine etc. But, my Dualogic issues threw my plans out.

btw, I fitted Bosch YR5NI1332S Iridium plugs at the time (16th July last year according to my service logs).

Cheers,

Steve

Hello all, I'm after a little bit of advice.
This Panda (Wife's car) is coming up to a year in my ownership. After the inital problems with the Dualogic clutch failure, it's actually be running well.
Now the weather is a little warmer I've noticed that occasionaly on starting the engine finds it difficult to reach a good idle (normally idle is around 1000RPM), but it will sit there at 500RPM and be unresponsive to the throttle. Once started I've never had any issues at all. Turing off and starting again often gets it going.
Any pointers where to start?
I don't have a scanner for this car, but might consider one if it could help with diags.

Cheers,

Steve
The symptoms you describe my relate to a failed or failing coil, if it starts and is clearly not running happily you could try pulling the coils (one at a time!) to see if it has any effect on the running - no effect then perhaps that coil has failed, so then swap the coils and see if the pulling the same coil - now running the other cylinder - causes a stall or again has no effect. A stall would suggest there is something else awry with the other cylinder. Don't jump to conclusions but this may suggest an issue with the UniAir module which is a hydraulic servo based system that controls the valve opening and closing using engine oil as the hydraulic fluid; now is a good time to review oil levels and service (oil specific) history. There are links to INA information if you really want to know the detail of the UniAir module workings; use the search engine on here.

Back