What's your first memory?

Currently reading:
What's your first memory?

i cant think what my first memory is really, i can remember being really young but i cant say what order the memories go in

would probably be going to play school, i cant think of any earlier then that

Mine's actually pretty interesting. I was about 4 years old, and out somewhere with my dad, when we happened to bump into my dad's rich friend, who took me out in his 911 :D He probably drove it quick but I have no recollection of that. It's a bit fuzzy, the main thing I remember was the red interior.

First memory. I can't recollect how old, probably about 3 getting bathed in the sink.... God knows why!

Then it's a blur then I seem to remember going somewhere with my dad in the Capri, Madonna was on the Radio. God knows where we were going I think it was a car he went to look at.

its a weird feeling trying to think back that far

i have a fuzzy kind of image of being put down in what i assume is a cot and looking up at my dad but for all i know my brain could of just made that up

either falling down the steps and splitting my head open on a radiator (that's all a little fuzzy)
or a nightmare involving a washing machine sucks me into some kind of bubble gum fair with a evil bouncy castle

Most vivid early memory is being sat in the back of our Alfa and then being transfered into our capri. It was a road trip round europe, I remember seeing the funny building in belgium with the big shiny balls and throwing up lots in France.

But earliest memory is being sat at the top of our stairs and our german sheppard dragging me back before I fell down them, my mum went nuts thinking the dog was trying to eat me and so it became a yard mutt and was left at my Dads lorry yard :cry:

I cant guarantee any of these are actual memories. Being dyslexic and thinking in Pictures i could possibly subconsciously make up pretty much anything i want but i truly believe them.

When i was 2 i remember getting whooping cough. Its weird because i remember doing it on purpose for some reason. Also remember thinking in quite a wide vocabulary of words.

Also when i was 2 geting robbed in Spain, then spilling my Rice Chrispies the next morning. (This is definitely a memory)

I know that it is impossible but i have quite a vivid memory of being rushed to ICU or whatever it is you get taken too when you go blue after you are born. Its weird i remember where my mum was, my nan walking past and seeing me and looking like shed seen a ghost. The colour of the curtains on the ward. Most of which actually tallies up.
I dont particularly remember it all being upside down but i spose it depends weather i was being wheeled backwards or forwards.

I can only remember back as far as been 11years old :(

when i was 11 i fell off my push bike and cracked my skull open, and i can visually remember it all happening, and spent a week in hospital. (also why i hate them)

cant remember anything before that... so falling off my bike is probably why... :rolleyes:

All very interesting, except for jipo...:rolleyes: :p

My first memory is in a hospital, my little brother had croup and we went and visited him in his tent-thingo. I also remember going into the playroom and cutting laps in the kick-along car, yellow and red thing like you can still buy today actually. He was less than 6 months old, so that makes me somewhere between 18 months and 2years old. I could find out more specifically, if I could be arsed.

Last edited:
I can't remember which is earlier, so heres 2 :)

I was sitting on the floor and my dad appears with my buggy, pretending its a rocket. I can hear myself laughing too, weird eh considering I was about 1 at the time... The buggy wouldn't fit in the X1/9, it was got when I got a little bigger so I'm estimating that was around late 1990, early 1991 (y)

Or option B is sitting in dads Giulietta, which I can still picture the sound of and remember the brown interior with a strange speedometer. It also had no exhaust :devil: he sold that car in 1993, I remember the day it was sold, he said I couldn't stop crying for the rest of the day :cry:

I was 11 months old and it was my brothers first birthday, we were all sat around the table in my old house and i hadnt a clue who all the kids where. I also remember whilst i was still in a cot, my mums neighbour was putting me to bed, she died when i was very young. also remember when i was 3 in playschool. I was painting, having lunch and playing on a climbing frame. I remember i must ave been 3 or 4 and the day after the bonfire me and my brother where playing in the field. I grabbed the metal bit of a burnt out mattress whist it was still hot. I had to go to hospital I still have a slight scar. don't remember going to hospital though. I remember an awful lot from my childhood.

Back