General whats wrong

Currently reading:
General whats wrong

kick ass

iv got a punto mk1 R reg and iv got it from an aution site which was wicked cost a lot of money untill i found out it only has 38200 miles on the clock and was verry well looked after it has a left hand side SHUNT aka some one or the person behind the wheel hit something or some one ??? i dont know now hear are the pics iv taken and iv stretched some parts back but you guys may know a bit more :D plus i wanna modify it ass well :slayer: :slayer: :devil: :worship:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    394.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    379 KB · Views: 22
Let's hope you didn't pay more than two ton for that mate.

Steve

Edit: just seen your other post, £180.

lol cat A nah buddys its a CAT C and its getting back iv strecth it back to the orginal persition sorry about the spelling delexia lol but its all going to plan im not going t sell the car becouse its for me and my famerly but every okay on it tho accept for bending and then its done and maybe done then all iv got to do is fit the wing and bumper mot it

Attachments

• done 1.JPG
    done 1.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 66
its a CAT c

aka

Category A - Must be crushed. All of it.
Category B - Vehicle may not be returned to road. Parts may be sold.
Category C - Repairable. Possibly structural damage. Cost of damage (at dealer prices and labour rates) is more than book value of vehicle.
Category D - Repairable. Probably non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.
Category X - Repairable. Minor Danage

and thats afical
plus this as well

Category C - Repairable salvage. Usually applies to vehicles with significant (structural) damage, where cost of repairs exceeds book value. Can be sold complete to Trade or Public. Recorded as "Category C" at DVLA. Category C vehicles' V5 documents are returned to DVLA. You re-apply, to DVLA or at your local VRO, for registration on the original identity once you have fixed it up, MOTed it and want to Tax it. Re-registration removes the Category C classification, but evidence it was at one time Category C remains on the vehicle's record at DVLA (and HPI and AA and the others).

that needs jigging, no way you will tell if the suspension is straight, you will always be fitting new tyres as track/camber wont be right

the suspension is okay and up to the right hight lazer light wow what a touch and its at the right hight any way but the only thing is if you read properly that behind the suspention there is like a bouble that it is dented and that its near the suspension but in side the bonet area on the same side is okay im wondering how to get the bump out

i'm sorry but i really need to stress dave's point, i had a small shunt on my mk1 punto required new bonnet, cross members, bumper rad, indicators - much less damage than yours and my mechanic told me that i really ought to get the chassis checked - i did and it was fine luckily. everyting might be as it seems.

7407Piccy_006_.jpg

surely 'bending' bits back ain't a good idea you can pick those cross member pieces up cheap brand new, the metal would of surely stressed the welds and lost structural integrity. the bump on the inside of the wing/ bulkhead (?) doesn't sound good either, is it metal work that is buckled?

looking at the inside of the wheel arch there is loads of distortion and the fact that one area has begun to rust means that the the distortion has cracked the paint normally translating to it being more severe.

do the doors shut ok and are body panels aligned all round?

Last edited:
yeah buddy the doors shut properly and the boot does all the panels are okay and the only thing is a matter is where the headlight is need a panel but i can beat that in try not to send ove 150 for the parts and thats secondhand
but its an cat C what iv done to it iv have put the bonnet onto the catch and it fits in but its lose a couple mor inches push upwards and leunth ways it will be sorted but trying to keep orginal parts to it plus it going to be with me for a realy long time a famerly car plus so long the chassy is okay and the iner surport aka metal and stuff there shouldnt be any problem with so long as you spray it and do things wright and then go for mot pre check then yeah i shouldnt have any problems
;)

well rapture its no way near like yours well it might be a cat C posible a CAT B :eek: But your front end is so dameage i woundnt touch that thing
yeah mine is a cat c but at least im not puting back the airconditioning unit and other parts thats going to cost a boom sorry budy but that compairs to mine not a chance in hell any way a few mor twickes and there and by the way people im only doing this for a hobbie / a wicked car for famerly (y) :slayer: :worship:

Attachments

• 7407Piccy_006_fsdfdsf.jpg
    7407Piccy_006_fsdfdsf.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 17
dave said:
there is no aircon, the red has less damage than the green, its just got the slam panel already removed, that green one is going to need the slam panel replaced. pluss....

:yeahthat:

the hoses you can see run to the rad - as it happened i had to replace these as when the fan unit got shoved back it must of made a tiny hole in the hose. very frustratin when you get your car back all fixed, park up and look behind to see what looks like smoke billowing out the car - luckily it was steam!! :D

kick ass

A fun hobby I agree.

I wouldnt however let my family within 1000 yards of it.

Sounds like fun though.

Live long and prosper

you git's so long as the motor is sound and no holes :) and every things is tip top then its considerd road worthy and pass its mot then whats the big deal iv done most of the work my self getting the wing on wednesday and some bats for the camera then post some new pics up i hope you like them and the body of the car accept the front left hand side of the car is okay there are no holes no rust and no aka vist the web site and see for your self
http://www.motester.co.uk/cog.html

Back